How do you Transport Your Kart? [Pic Topic]

Inspired by, and expanding on Trailerless Tuesday and this Build/Race/Party article by @DavinRS

What crazy transport methods have you tried or seen? Post a pic, share the topic on FB and let’s see what creativity is out there.

Here’s two of mine

GP06 80cc Shifter on the roof of a '96 Ford Taurus

Tony Mitox/YZ125 Shifter in the back of a '98 V70 T-5 (Miss that car so bad)

1 Like

'80 SH Attack inside, '06 Corsa TAG Leopard on top!

SH can be covered with a kart cover and some foam padding, so all the track gear can go around/over it.

Now I have a hitch carrier, I can take 3 karts + gear.

1 Like

We used to run out of the back of our minivan, only problem being setup time and complexity. Then we bought a truck/trailer and everything got so much more painless, although sometimes we stuff the kart in the bed of the truck and leave the trailer

There is a group of guys that run 206 karts. They move about 10 karts in a 23 foot but really tall gooseneck forming moving company trailer. They used to have a spare kart on the top, but it fell off, “Someplace”.

4 Likes

Traveling out of state to pick-up a shifter kart along with miscellaneous items and not wanting to use a trailer. I mocked loaded my LO206 kart and equipment into my wife’s Honda Odyssey (It seemed appropriate, it’s a Honda Moto 125 Shifter). Side pods and rear tires were removed, bumpers left in place. The challenge was how best to simply load a kart and a rolling Streeter Kart Stand into the van. After several tries. The solution was adjustable car floor stands. By raising the rear of the kart to the height needed and resting the rear axle on the extended car stands. Slide the Streeter Stand underneath the kart. Adjust car stands down, but without kart / Streeter stand contact. Use foam rubber floor tile squares and movers’ blankets as needed.

It was raining lightly when moving the shifter kart into the van. We were literally loaded up nicely within a few minutes without a hitch. I did lash down the rear axle to the jack stands and orange trailer pads to the rear hubs damaging van should the kart have moved (it didn’t). It was a fun experience, I even made a VIDEO short of the day. Only allowed to load one image (others to follow).

Shifter Kart at new home…

Added: Feb 27, 2017
VIDEO short… First 22e Load

2 Likes

Interior of my karting van when I was running World Formula.

1 Like

Crammed in the back of a 19ft toy hauler
Its and upgrade from a 14ft trailer and before that we stuffed everything in the back of a pickup.

1 Like

Look at all the space you guys have. This is a crg-maxter KZ in a Vauxhall Omega estate (tourer). Kart, two engines, sets of tires, generator, compressor, three boxes of tuning bits and spares below the kart.

6 Likes

I don’t have a picture, but with the seats out and the doors completely open, the Astro rear opening is larger than any of the older vans. My shifter slid right in without any disassembly.

We have a racer here In Oregon who has a ramp/platform setup with a winch in the back of his van for easy loading on and off of a stand, with plenty of room underneath for all of his stuff.

That is VERY good… But I think this is probably the most stuffed KZ of all time…

http://www.kartpulse.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/144/photo_id/1403/offset/43

2 Likes

Car stuffed full, kart on a converted atv trailer.

2 Likes

Spotted this one on Facebook today

3 Likes

I was finally able to get everything together to go out to the track today to break in the 206 motor and shake down the kart. It was very nice to be at the track and drive for the first time in 13 years!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Didn’t get a pic this morning, but pops headed to Norway to drive his LO206 on-track for the first time and just threw a toolbox, kart stand, and kart in the back of his F-150, just like the good ol’ days.

4 Likes

I got this.

5 Likes

5 Likes

OK, we’re done. Close the thread!

1 Like

Why? Is this a joke? confused

It was just a joke. He’s pulling 3 karts with his Impreza hatch, that post will be hard to beat.

1 Like