How do you Transport Your Kart? [Pic Topic]

I got this.

5 Likes

5 Likes

OK, we’re done. Close the thread!

1 Like

Why? Is this a joke? confused

It was just a joke. He’s pulling 3 karts with his Impreza hatch, that post will be hard to beat.

1 Like

While not crazy, nor out of the ordinary by any means, My setup does allow me to not ever have to get a hotel room. A little bit more plumbing and I will even have the outdoor shower hooked up. (I have to flip the hitch this week too. This weekend was a trial run towing with this trailer.)

4 Likes

So I see where you put the people, but where are the karts? :stuck_out_tongue:

The original plan was to put the kart in the back. A fully assembled shifter will fit in the back of an Astro at full width. Getting the kitchen to install in there changed everything.

Oh, so the kart fits in the van, and then the trailer are just living quarters?

I thought this was the other way around, the karting stuff went in the trailer, and the living quarters were the back of the van. That’s how I’d do it at least, as I would imagine I bring more karting stuff than general living things.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I guess I just mis-read it.

I do think it’d be badass to have a whole karting operation out of a full sized van. I’d imagine elevating everything in the cabin to get the kart on the floor, bed on one side, tools on the other. Small generator to power a fridge, maybe a portable gas stove if you really want to get fancy. The tools could be in compartments with the doors on the outside, and maybe an awning could be hooked up? This is starting to remind me of the days when I went to the track in just a Honda Odyssey minivan…

Yes, living in the Van, kart or motorcycles in the trailer. I would have liked a full size, but my research found that most vans other than the sprinter or express required partial disassembly of the kart to fit in the doors.

The westfalia kitchen I have in the van runs the fridge and stove on propane.

1 Like

I can fit a chassis in here if I need to.

2 Likes

Last year:

During the off season my dad helped me build some face frame cabinets up front in the vee.
This year:

1 Like

2 Likes

See? Told you it would fit if you removed the wheels :stuck_out_tongue: lol

1 Like

Ah, I remember those days. Taking apart half the kart to fit it in the back of a Honda minivan, putting it back together the next raceday. It was a giant game of Jenga, but a good way to decide if we really wanted to keep racing. If it seemed like too much work to get to the track, then racing probably wasn’t for us. However, that never happened and here I am.

1 Like

I have a 7 x 4ft wellside trailer that gets used for all sorts of stuff and didn’t want a separate trailer to take my kart, which would also mean finding space in the back yard for a third trailer… So I built a cradle to bolt on top of the trailer sides. It’s not fully enclosed, but it does provide good protection for the kart and I could add a clip on tarp/cover if needed. The kart can be unloaded off the trailer and straight onto the trolley by one person, same goes for loading up. The nice thing is, I still have my wellside trailer if needed, just undo six bolts and lift the cradle off the trailer.

2 Likes

I have a homemade trailer with a wooden double-decker setup that I use to transport two karts, a stand, and a toolbox.

My '99 Civic is slow up hills with it; I am forced into using the rutted right lane on the freeway.

Can anyone recommend a car/trailer setup that can:

1. Carry two karts, two stands, a big toolbox, driver gear, chemicals, and spares, getting at least 15 M.P.G. at 90 M.P.H. on the flat. I think that would be enough to give me maneuvering speed and gradeability without completely flogging the machinery all of the time.
  2. Attain 25 M.P.G. at a steady 75 MPH unloaded.

My first thought would be a 250-350 hp passenger car pulling a two-axle open car hauler running on four passenger car tires with a combined load rating at least 4/3 of the total trailer weight and a S or T speed rating.

1 Like