How loose should your suit be?

When standing, it fits well but stretches around the shoulders a little when I’m seated and I twist my upper body.

I am guessing it should be unrestrictive. Maybe your body shape is not great for off the rack.

2 Likes

Whatever makes you comfortable.

1 Like

A well fitted suit should look a little baggy in the butt and shoulders standing up and fit when your sitting in the seat.

1 Like

Thank you for the specific information. Makes sense.

I’ll swap the current suit for the next size up.

Hey mate, when it comes to wearing race suits, it’s essential to strike the right balance between comfort and functionality.

Ideally, your karting suit should fit snugly without being overly tight or restrictive. A suit that is too loose can be cumbersome and annoyingly oversized on track. On the other hand, a suit that is too tight can limit your range of motion and make it uncomfortable to drive.

To find the sweet spot, opt for a suit that allows for some freedom of movement without excess fabric flapping around. Offset in the USA has a nice suit that stretches in the right areas allowing the driver comfort and range of motion. It should fit close to your body, particularly in the torso and arms, while still enabling you to bend your limbs and maneuver effortlessly.

Ensure that you can comfortably wear your safety gear underneath the suit without any discomfort or restrictions.

Now, everyone has unique preferences and body types, so what works for one person may not work for another. It’s always a good idea to try on different sizes and styles of karting suits to find the one that suits you best.

Here’s a pro tip: Check out Kartclass, where we have articles that cover topics like karting gear and apparel, so you can get a sense of what you need and what brands go well in karting.

3 Likes

FYI, motorcycle suites are shaped for the type of riding. Gloves have the fingers curved as if gripping the bars. The suite itself is set for sitting straight up for touring, or hunched over for racing. They only really fit when you are on the style of bike suitable for the suite.

1 Like

Aha! Good observation. I did find that my rib protector went on a walkabout on my torso when wearing the rain suit.