How to lube & what to use?

How exactly does everyone lube their chain & how often? Is White Lightening dry lube any good? What do you use?
Thank you for your time!

1 Like

I use RK chain lub. Every time I go out.

1 Like

Okay awesome I’ll definitely pick up some, thank you!

This chain lube from Belray is the cleanest low-sling lube i’ve found yet.

Agreed, lube the 219 chain after every session, ideally first thing coming off the track when the chain is still warm, which helps sweat the lube into the rollers.

From there you can use a rag with some wd40 to clean the outside of the chain, which will also help reduce sling.

1 Like

Awesome thank you for the info! Would this work good on a 35 chain on stock 4 stroke engine?

I lube at the end of the day so it has time to penetrate and lot less flies off the if I lube before we start.

1 Like

Molten speedwax.

2 Likes

I started using something new - the leftover 2-stroke oil after mixing fuel! It’s in a thin layer on the Ratio Rite and settles to the bottom over a couple of hours, so it can be poured out onto the chain. So far it seems to work REALLY well at preventing wear and keeping friction low, almost as if it works well at high temperatures and pressures!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to get the wax to last for KA more than one session. Lately I’ve been supplementing it with Squirt each session in hopes the molten stuff stays deeper in the rollers and the squirt handles external pins/sprockets duty. More mess but still better than traditional chain lube.

For the kids though the wax is a godsend in that I don’t have to touch a chain all race day!

1 Like

Interesting, Rainer runs an entire race day on his chain and I checked all of them from last year and almost zero wear.

1 Like

I’m surprised by it too. With Yamaha I could go a full race day on a single waxed chain. Not sure if higher speeds or power is causing the KA to wear off the wax quicker for me or not.

I originally made my own wax, then this year haven been using Molten which seems a bit thinner, so maybe I need to go back to the home brew stuff. For now I’ve been searching for chain lubes that don’t drive me bonkers with fling.

1 Like