How will Coronavirus/COVID-19 Impact Karting?

I mean technically, right now no. But some cancellations have started to roll in, so the schedule is completely up in the air. However, if this impending lock-down happens, there will be zero paint work happening.

Oh that’s unfortunate. That is the thing I dislike the most is what is happening to small business.

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better I feel. I just went to our local kart shop to get some supplies.

I’m lucky enough to keep working through all this. So got to take advantage where I can. Had some wishful thinking I could get the new lid painted in the downtime.

Actually, I think Japan has been heavily criticized for hiding the extent of the virus in their country.

There’s talk that they want to downplay the impact so as not to jeopardize the Olympics.

1 Like

Update on my local tracks. All of them have closed until further notice after a directive from our prime minister. I had 2 events coming up next month, one at my local but in reverse direction and one at a new track. Was very much looking forward to both these events :sob:

My series starts on May 5th, and have not made any official statements regarding closing or postponing. They said that they are waiting to see how things play out.

UAE karting completely shut down. Final rounds in both IAME and Rotax National Séries’ postponed until further notice. All three tracks around me are closed UFN. Sad but necessary.

Glad I have a SIM set up lol

Yeah, my series is postponed as well, info from 2h ago. Expected but still sad :frowning_face:

I am assuming that our Rental series is postponed as well.