IAME KA100 Reviews and Feedback

For folks on the East Coast, is the KA growing on a club/local level?

I know GoPro Motorplex has a decent KA turnout, and I know a few tracks around here are bringing it in for next year, so it’s growing and people definitely know about it. I think this year is when we’ll see how it does on the club level.

NJ reporting in… No sign of life here.

1 Like

I’ve talked with @Eric_Gunderson1 a couple times about the KA, and he’s been saying Colorado has interest but I don’t think many people have grabbed them yet iirc. The more people hear about them and positive things come from it the more likely it will become more run at the club level

1 Like

A good point, well made. But I will say, from the outside it seemed like the animosity between parties over there (well down under) was of order of magnitude greater than in the US. Especially so when it came to Karting Australia.

@KartingIsLife you have no idea…
It is positively toxic from some people. I freely admit there are problems, but there is no need for some of the personal attacks going on.

2 Likes

KA100 is available for $1695 until March 2018 :smile:

4 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

Buy one folks and come race me! USPKS is having 24 lap finals at the opening round in Ocala, let’s put these beasts to the test.

3 Likes

I might come and join the fun for rounds 5 and 6

I just bought an x30. This engine is more appropriate for an older guy like me however. It’s a pity no one uses these around here.

People will follow what they see is good. If you’re the first guy to get it, let others drive it to see what it’s like, and they like it, you’ll have a decent field within a year. That’s how it worked for our club and we’re looking for at least double digits this season.

1 Like

I would if I lived out that direction! Would love to try USPKS or Route 66 some day, especially Shawano. Too far to drive. Haha.

Neither series has used Shawano for the last couple of years. Have heard that the facility has gone down hill since the change in ownership. A shame as we like the track and the surrounding area.

Were you guys there in 2015? Everything was still as good as it was back in the day, track is still smooth as glass, curbing still in nice shape. Only issue is the asphalt surface has eroded and gotten super abrasive, so it shreds tires.

So I was able to run the KA first race at LAKC for the first time and absolutely loved it.

Talking to some folks, its a pretty simple set up for folks familiar setting up TAG motors. Myself, took about an hour or more to get everything set up on the kart. Wiring harness is simple, but strapping to the chassis (Birel S6, 2014) took just a little creativity. The package doesn’t come with a motor mount, so take a good look at the measurements online to see if it fits your current one. If you have a freeline mount, you can press drill holes to fit the KA.

As a driver moving from a KPV to a KA, the bottom end was instantly noticeable and drove out of corners like a bat outta hallelujah! Broke above 60mph at Calspeed for the first time too. So corner entry and exit speeds were faster. A bit tougher on the body too for you older gents out there. So get in shape and prepare for a little more lateral G.

Reliable push button start which I absolutely loved. Showed up late to the grid (my bad lol) and hopped in and fired up instantly which was a relief from finding someone to help start me up.

As I put more hours on the motor, I’ll keep folks posted.

3 Likes

What does the KA rev to?

There’s no limiter but anything above mid-15s and you’re just making noise.

3 Likes

On an Australian source, a concern was avoidance of plug fouling. Apart from gassing it with some resistance prior to the green, which I would’ve done anyway, the site recommended leaving the pits immediately after firing up, and pit in with either partial throttle/brake, or do a clean shut off while rolling into the pits. Being that I haven’t had the chance to take mine out yet, has anyone who’s had seat time in the KA been doing this, and, if not, have you fouled a plug?
Yours Truly,
KA-Curious

Haven’t had any issues with plugs fouling and we often sit idle on the grid for a couple minutes.

I usually have to choke it a bit on the grid to start too, and still no issues with the plug.

2 Likes

lots of the plug fouling issues seem to be from the original carby which you guys never got in the states so shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes