IAME KA100 Tuning

@Eric_Gunderson1 Tell people of your KA Experience!

1 Like

@DavinRS ermmm, I don’t know how much I can tell that isn’t already mentioned here. I ordered my KA in February, and broke it in on a dyno this last Friday. I loved it immediately! So far I haven’t driven it a ton, but the bottom end torque is great for a 2-stroke, with the mid range and top end being a little less exciting, although still quite punchy.

So far, I have struggled a bit with the jetting, and my pipe seems to suggest I am running my fuel/oil mixture slightly rich (8 oz of oil per gallon of Motul 800 2t), but the head temperature, performance, and overall behavior of the engine seems adequate so far. I think I will switch to Motul Kart Grand Prix 2t oil for the next amount of fuel, as well as run C12 rather than VP 110, and see how that goes.

1 Like

I’ve found that running rich doesn’t really hurt you, but you’ll definitely feel it starve a bit when going lean. A couple 1/8-1/16 tweaks on the needle usually fixes it right up.

1 Like

Eric make sure you don’t mix up “oil” rich with “running” rich. 8oz/gal sounds good to me for an aircooled motor, but other maybe are running less? What pop off are you guys running?

Anyway, my point is that if you are running (comparatively) more oil, the engine will run (comparatively) LEANER because you are displacing fuel with oil. You may well still have a ton of oil all over the exhaust and everywhere else, but inside the cylinder, the motor is running leaner… assuming everything else is equal.

1 Like

@KartingIsLife @tjkoyen noted! I suspect I will keep the engine slightly leaner in the mid range. Pop off I haven’t checked as I don’t have the tools. I suspect continuing to play with jetting will get the mixture to look slightly leaner and emit less oil on track.

1 Like