IAME X30 Exhaust

I recently switched from a ROK gp to a X30, I’ve gotten everything up and running, I only have one question.

The exhaust has the egt sensor fitting pre welded and threaded to the exhaust. Except the hole to fit the end of the egt sensor into the exhaust is closed, I understand it’s so exhaust gas doesn’t leak out if you don’t have a egt sensor when you buy it. is it as simple as just drilling into the hole so the sensor can fit in or do I need to do it a different way?

Thank you

1 Like

Yep, just drill it out and you’re good to go! Only consideration is the type of EGT sensor you’re using. The bung should have outer threads as well as inner threads. The 90* sensor that utilizes the outer threads seems to be the most common application for X30. The sensor is also a bit more robust compared to the straighter/smaller inner-thread type. Also worth noting that the different sensors will produce different temp readings, so it’s always worth clarifying exactly what type of sensor is being used when gathering benchmark data from others.

New pipe / sensor - 200 degrees higher EGT. 1350 -ish on the high and 800s low. This is a rough guideline.

Thanks! I’m using the 90 degree bung sensor.

1 Like

I just got the 1 piece exhaust for X30, but it’s missing the EGT nut. So I need to drill and weld one to fit the 90 degree EGT sensor.

My question is where / how far from the exhaust start should i drill for the EGT sensor?
Can someone use a measuring tape and take pictures?

Gonna hijack the thread for a second: Is there any use for this extension in the states? Have it leftover from Boston, but don’t want to just scrap it

The EGT bung should be at 50mm (+10) from the start of the pipe.

1 Like

Found it in the X30 spec rulebook. Thanks.

Link: https://iameusawest.com/content/X30-Tech-Doc-2024.pdf

2 Likes