Intrepid Silverstone / Rotax / bring back to life

1 Like

Goodevening from Greece.
Today we check and repair the front end parts
She needed new bearings at both ends and at both hub areas. Change them with the best quality available.

Got a little concerned about the front end adjust system… It has. 4.fixed different places to put the upper head at the king pin. Before I loose it I was crank it in all position and see that there are big changes In caster and camber but I can understand how I can adjust separate the one from the other. And how I can made micro adjust at the camber as I go for the baseline setup when the kart reach that Stage…
I need to study more coz it’s complete different system than the otk ones…

If anyone find that this system looks like another known brand system, please tell me so I can study that and learn the process.

Cheers from Greece.
Stamatis.

Afraid you will find you can’t alter the caster without affecting the camber.
This applies to all systems using eccentric ’ pills’ including OTK.
The later? OTK systems give finer adjustment because they have 20? positionsfor the pills compared with your 4 and usually have variable position pills top and bottom of the kingpin, but the ’ problem’ is still there.
The only retro fit adjusters which give independent adjustment of caster and camber are the Sniper units or copies thereof.
Your units would seem to be SKM units which may themselves be a retrofit from original.

1 Like

There are aftermarket SKM eccentrics, as someone mentioned above the Sniper system is a clever idea but not the only one on the market like it…the Righetti system is more robust imo and can be retrofitted.

If you have questions about where to find aftermarket SKM eccentrics like that let me know. Hard to find but they do exist.

1 Like

Many thanks for your help guys!
Hope you have a great week.
Stay strong.
Many thanks again.

Colour codes looks fine.

2 Likes

I’m liking the mellow yellow. I remember that from when I was a kid. Did they sponsor a NASCAR?

1 Like

They did sponsor a car, in Days of Thunder.

3 Likes

@tjkoyen @Bimodal_Rocket they also sponsored an actual “nascar” for several years in Cup with Kyle Petty. Also recently a partnership with Kyle Larson.

1 Like

Yep! I’m glad you found it…

I will try to be as close I can be with the original look…

Iv also found the correct color codes for black  

Chevy lumina frame and bumpers…

I’m the telephone they laugh first but they help after with joy!

Cheers guys

Also I give a 8 to 10 points at Jake designs for the full sticker set. They are professionals

and Kyle Petty for most of the 90s

2 Likes

Having a difficult last month “I had to change to a new house”. We left the project a little behind. But just a little.

Iv manage to complete the brake system. The car uses a newest brake pump from pcr and I think it’s strong. But the rear caliper is the Evo 8 system and does not do self udjust on his own pads. We are lucky enough to find a new pair of pads, and that is a good thing.

We clean up from inside an alfano basic and change to fresh batteries. That thing runs just sweet
. Also the sensors are checked on that and found alive and ready.

With less than 70 bucks Iv bought a disk plate front allighment set and a cutter for the chain as I found it esensial for a team even in my level.

Good news Iv got from last night’s race in darlington USA. Check the video from the pole position car and you get the idea.
Coz the car is in 90s mellow yellow colors painted. And it’s great!

The Greek Karting news here is that in 2 weeks time the p. I. C. K. Patras race is on.

And it’s the most beautiful race of the year. Hands down.

Have a nice week. Cheers from Greece.
Stamatis.

1 Like

Will you be ready for Patras?

1 Like

Many calipers are like this, usually you add metal plates (shims) between the pad and pistons to close the gap.

1 Like

We have one kart the Tony kart that is ready to race but the driver is not. Only a few practice sessions till now on his belt.

The second kart. The intrepid one it’s a no go for sure. I’m still assembly the thing. And don’t have the funds to do it so quickly.
Maybe next year I will be ready to do patras race.

![received_545938716129307|666x500](upload://bCx6KOK 4kqwSkFSlkhFR20uwVbH.jpeg)

OK we are green green green again here

Whole new frame? Did you decide on a more adjustable frame and starting over or is this a new project?

No… The old one…

But colored lumina Chevy chassis

Hehehe