Intro from NJ

We also highly recommend two books written by members of our very own community:

Karting 101 BOUGHT THIS

Learn how to Master the Art of Kart Driving BOUGHT THIS

Where are you located?

Monmouth County, NJ

What age bracket are you in?

Masters, 43 years old

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your mechanical ability, or willingness to wrench on things? Ability?

6 Willingness? 10

Talk a little about your racing experience so far.

Spent a short time in WERA/CCS on motorcycles.

What’s the main thing you need help with to get you started.

Networking and tech understanding of working on a kart: how to adjust the chain, bleed brakes, remove the axle, adjust caster/camber (what the heck is a “pill”?)

Spent the day at the F Series practice yesterday, learned quite a bit. I had a Tony Kart Racer with a Rotax 125 in the early/mid-2000s that was nit as advertised. I did a few practice days at Englishtown and NJMP, but the whole experience soured me. Honestly, it was my fault for not doing enough due diligence and not going about things the “right” way: not owning a stand/trolley being a big one! Starting over 20 years later and taking my time, thinking things through.

Considering either a trailer or a Versa Haul hitch rack. I like the cost/size/lack of maintenance/storage of the Versa Haul, but its a 1 trick pony, so to speak.

Nice to meet you all,

Alex

2 Likes

Derek at Power Republic has a Youtube channel dedicated to working on karts. Its worth checking out.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask them here. Good luck and remember to have FUN!!!

Thank you! I have been watching their videos, the tire change one was great.