Kart Casual Race - RFactor 2 - Thursday April 15th - 9PM (EST) / 6PM (PST)

Sim: Rfactor 2 (CAD$36)
Kart: Studio 397 KartCup F1 (Free)
Track: Kartplex - Oliver, BC (Free)
Date: Thursday April 15th
Time: 9PM (EST) / 6PM (PST)
Format: 60min practice, 10min Qualifying, 15laps Race
Server: Kartplex
No password

Hi Everyone, I finally managed to get a dedicated server to host Kart Races on RFactor2. Before considering a League or Race series, I would like to host a few Casual Races to make sure we have people interested and everything is working from the server side of things.

First race will be at the just released Canadian Track Kartplex. We will be using the Kart provided by Studio 397 so we keep all free content for the races. Kartplex is my local track, where I just started to run a Lo206. Great layout, designed by Jacques Villeneuve. Gridway (who is specialized in Kart Tracks) did a fantastic job getting the track just like the real one. I helped by providing some photos and drone footage.

I will open the server everyday from 7-10PM (PST) so you can log-in and make sure it works for you. I had trouble with compatibility in the past when I tried to join a race. If you run into any problems, please let me know and I will try to help (by very far an expert on RF2 but will give my best try).

See you in the track!

Rafael

Very cool! I will have to download the game and see if I can figure it out enough to join you guys.

2 Likes

What is system requirement to run it? I might try to join (6am though…:sleeping:) :grin:

1 Like

IMHO, I find that it requires less than iRacing/ACC/AMS2

From Steam website:
MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GTS 450 or AMD Radeon 5750
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel i5 or 4.0 GHz AMD FX
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GTX 760 or AMD 7870
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 60 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Gosh darn it, I can’t do it, great idea though! :cry:

sad xbox noises
16 17 18 19, am I there yet??

Just an update: I managed to host the race and it went well. Only 3 racers unfortunately so I added a few bots for fun. One of the drivers was a Brazilian state champ x 10 and South American Champ x 2. Amazingly fast and smooth. Next time I will host on a weekend and hopefully more ppl will be able to join. Will also host in an European friendly time!

1 Like

Keep on it and I’m sure more will turn up. Your update today prompted me to download the mod :smiley:

1 Like

Rafael,
I’ll make some time today to download.

1 Like

Quick video I made of the track - virtual and real side by side.

Very cool. Judging by the demand on the KK discord, track modding seems really popular.