Kart Lift Electric Lift and Double Stacker

Stand in the trailer, talk about a space saver.

1 Like

I love it! Talking to Ted about one. Do you recall the height??? I have a 62” opening in toy hauler.

Thank you in advance

Jim

I don’t need to meassure to say its shorter than that, if I had to guess, I’d say 40 inches tall.

1 Like

Mine is ordered and shipped. I’m still confused how it lifts the bottom Kart on the stand. Can you explain please? I will have the top rack removed most of the time since i only own one Kart.

Thanks
Jim

The electric lift operates like any other. Only difference, is then you got to double stack, the electric lift is out of the picture. You extend the lift all the way down. Then add the bottom rack, load a kart onto it. Then add the second rack, and add the 2nd kart on top.

The lift is not going to load both karts onto it. But once the two ad on racks are removed, you have a normal electric kart lift.

I will say after almost one year of ownership, most of the bars have warped and nothing is square anymore. So the lift bars get hung up on each other and you need to “kick” them so they don’t bind and inhibit operation.

Not saying its a bad product, but durability/ longevity is questionable IMHO. (Hindsight 20/20)

Thank you. I’m excited for it to arrive. Disappointing the product wears so fast.

Which bars are warped? Just the stacker part of it, or the whole thing including the base kart lift?

The lifting front and rear bar. The rest is holding up good.

I just put mine together, so I figure I’ll leave my review here in case others come across this thread.

Drawbacks:

• The top stacker is built like a tank. However, the adapter that goes between the lift and the stacker is pretty flimsy. In particular, the bottom pegs are about half the diameter of the hole, so there’s a ton of play. This seems like a problem when pushing the stand, which you would naturally do by pushing against the top stacker (which is only loosely held in place).
  • The rear push handle for the stacker does not fold down. You have to take it apart every time you use it. It can be stored within the stand, but other stands conveniently fold into itself. I see that Dean didn’t bother storing it – but this means you’ll need more space as it adds a foot or two of length.
  • When stored, that handle is pretty loose as it’s only held in place by two safety pins. The lifting bars are also pretty loose, so that’s three bars that will rattle around during transport. I think I will strap all the bars down so they don’t move, which I don’t feel is needed with other stands.
  • I’m a bit worried that the front hooks, which are necessarily low to the ground to lift a kart, will interfere with a ramp. You can lift them up a few inches, but I haven’t tried yet to see if that’s enough clearance. My ramp is steeper than a typical trailer.

Overall, it’s a nice option for those needing to save space.

If there was another design option I wish it had, was some sort of cover of shielding over the strap, so chemicals (oil, grease, other sprays) used on the karts don’t drip onto the straps and compromise the life of the material.

Dean, don’t feel bad. my garage looks the same. I have my kart and my son’s kart in my garage. I am trying to organize my garage so I have some room and organization for all of our karting gear.

@IRQVET how did you manage to use the stacker with the push handle at the same time? The handle covers the holes the pegs would normally use. Did you drill holes into the handle bar?

No, its a three piece design. Power the lift all the way down. Put the second (small) rack on top, first kart goes on. Then the second (tall) rack goes on and the second kart goes on top.

I did zero modifications, it all come pre-drilled from the factory and snaps together.

@IRQVET On mine, the rear handle installs into the same “mounting bar” as where the small rack’s pegs would go. If I install the handle, then I can’t seat the small rack anymore.

In the picture below, red arrow is the peg from the small rack. It’s blocking the hole for the handle. If you install the handle first, there’s no hole in the top of the handle that lines up with the peg.

Mine works the same as Bryant, no handle up while the stacker attachments are on. Wonder if they changed it over time? I think the handle would get in the way of putting the bottom kart on anyway, but I’m lazy so it’s be nice to not have to take the handle up and down each time.

Hate to bump an old thread, but do you have any better pictures of the stacker? I would like to see how this one works.
THanks

What’s the question? I’d describe it as a bit cumbersome and heavy, but functional. But there aren’t any alternatives if you want a 2-in-1 solution. If you don’t need the 2-in-1, then I think a separate stacker plus electric stand is superior.

I have 3 of these kartlifts and will be making my own stacker since buyinf one from the manufature and having it shipp would be too much (im in Canada) Im not liking the peg method since it would mean I have to remove the handle. I would like to see how Dean Teter’s stacker fits ontop. Hopefully he see’s this thread and posts some more pics.