Kart Republic KR2 chassis setup

I have scrolled the deepest of the web and cant find a baseline setup for a 2020 kr2. Im running a rok gp master at 390 lbs. Levanto krt tires.

Starting this thread to record my own data and for others to post their data for the kr2 chassis.

Ill post my setup in the morning when i can measure the track widths again.

2 Likes

2mm total toe out
1 dot off negative camber
Neutral caster
1 big spacer at the front
139 rear width
No front bar
Third bearing loose and rear bumper loose

Kr tends to run their chassis like spaghetti soft, very front positive

4 Likes

What class weight and tires are you using Lucas.

I’m running KZ2 with Energy Eclipse and LeCont SVC prime😁

But the setup I mentioned is standard for KR2 in Sweden regardless off tires and class

1 Like

That is basically what i have right now. Ill have to double check rear teack still. But camber i have about 3 box negative each side on a sniper

1 Like

If you have a tkart subscription they have a KR2 setup guide here - KR2 M.Y. '22: Kart Republic's single-speed chassis evolves to keep winning

2 Likes

What class and what tire? In my experience on the KR and also working with the factory WPK team here in the US we rarely if ever ran that much negative. The chassis has tons of front grip pretty much no matter how you set it up, but even small front end changes affect how then kart releases off the corner.

1 Like

Basically what Lucas said for the baseline. @Muskabeatz and I ran the KR2 last year in Masters X30 at 400lbs with MG Yellows. I did 1 FWT race with RoK GP at 390 with LeVantos. You will probably end up going full rake – lower the front max and raise the rear. I thought the kart was better on the LeVantos than the MGs.

FYI – 390-400 lbs is a lot of weight for the soft KR2. @Muskabeatz tried a lot of stuff. I am sure he will chip in shortly with useful info.

2 Likes

Ah. He already did. Sorry.

Rok masters 390 lbs levanto tires. Apex to exit to straight rides like a raped ape. Im putting fresh rubber on today and testing this week. Problem i have tuning wise is i dont have a jecko seat. Im running a crg standard sear cause its the only extra one i had that fits. Typically i run a large tillet seat which is a bit loose now, but medium large is too small still

Ill try that. Its only 55 degrees here still so front grip helps seems to stick pretty good in the rear but with this softer seat i feel like some seat struts maybe necessary as rear wheel have excessive inner wear

Do you use the closeedge or standard jecko seat? Do you use seat stays?

1 Like

Cold and no grip. The kart will be fast.

2 Likes

Standard Jecko is sufficient enough, you could also use Tillett T11vg with good results. Kr doesn’t run seat stays

2 Likes

We have a similar issue even in the heat of Australia. Running Rotax senior light on maxxis sportsman. Loads of front-end grip, but our driver’s tall and has issues keeping the KR2’s rear from sliding - it’s not a problem for his smaller teammates though! Has anyone tried the other axle compounds on offer - soft / hard?

2 Likes

Probably a difference in tire, but I always had issues with the chassis being overstuck, especially in low speed. Softer axles are more grip on the KR, and harder frees the rear.

So a soft KR axle improves rear grip off the corner, not a hard?

2 Likes

The three setups case not everyone has a tkart subscription.

2 Likes

thanks a lot! what are the three setups (low grip, high grip, wet)?

2 Likes

Standard . Low grip. High grip set ups in that order sorry hard to take pic of the heading and all the settings at once

1 Like