Kart Suspension Geometry Sources?

Any web sites or places that show ackerman and adjustment ranges on the different karts from different manufacturers?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything…

GREAT question though.

1 Like

No. However, you can look at each manufaturer’s parts index and see what sort of adjustements they have available.

While adjusting ackerman is a helpful feature, often those with 57 ackerman options are simply drilling holes for the sake of drilling, as a driver likely can’t tell the difference between a .125" ackerman adjustement.

2 Likes

I did a bit of work on this when I was developing a (now defunct) caster camber kit. Most manufacturers have about 6 degrees of caster or camber adjustment in the caster camber kits (some claim 8 but I’ve measured it). That’s just due to the limiting size of the pill hole (usually 22mm) and the wall thickness of their chosen caster camber pill system. You can add additional variation in camber by changing stub axles but you’ll start spending a lot of money that way.

Additionally the manufacturers have varying levels of caster and camber built into the location of the c section. Trying to remember off the top of my head, they have in the 20’s for caster degree built in as standard, in the olden days it was typically 10-15 degrees.

2 Likes