Kart-World Kazakhstan

What kind of power do you need to charge the karts?

On the other end of the scale you can find used fleets of gas rental karts pretty reasonable these days. As low as $2500/piece, especially as more more places move to electric and need to move their gassers to make room.

Acquire some tires for barriers, a warehouse and a lot of sweat equity and you too can have a job for yourself that you might loath :laughing:

Oh, insurance too.

1 Like

Actually Bizkarts are currently advertising Andretti kart’s fleet of RTX electric karts. I guess they’re renewing

6kw is maximum power draw, it tapers down as you’d expect as the battery charge comes up. Figure 3kw since they’ll be still on about 65% at least after a 12m session. You could probably average it out at 2kwh per charger per hour. Leccy is cheap as in KZ $0.055 per kWh.

1 Like

Could you run 4-stroke kart engines on propane? Just a thought.

I have seen photos from outside the USA of rental karts with what appear to be propane tanks.

Looks like hobbyists in USA do this:

Yeah some rental tracks run propane, you still have to contend with fumes, although much reduced.

Electric is the way to go for rentals though. Easier to communicate between staff and customers and customers don’t have to worry about their clothes smelling like junk when they leave. Also opens up more opportunities for prime locations due to noise control.

With the war and all, how’s the project coming along? My understanding is the the various “stans” of the former Soviet republic are the only places Russians fleeing the war without passports can go. I am guessing things have gotten more complicated?

Well ya, I’d say things have gotten a little more complicated in that nobody knows what Putins gonna do next. Confidence is restoring that he’s not gonna storm into Kazakhstan though and foreign investment is still pouring into KZ, so I’m hopeful I can push it through.

I’ve moved away from planning to use PGK, wasn’t getting a warm fuzzy feeling about their involvement so I met last week in Dubai with PSD Entertainment, who’s CEO is Sodikart’s first ever world champion (93), we clicked very well. I’m impressed by their other projects particularly Evolt Malaysia, plus it makes the project now fully French export which will sit better with the French export credit bank.

2 Likes

This is Evolt and RSX2 karts. I’m astonished how fast they are, first time I’m seeing them on any socials.

1,187 Likes, 24 Comments - @zerotohundred on Instagram: "Switched On - First date at the newest electric karting arena @evoltkarting feels purer than pure, emit zero fumes via all new Sodi e-karts, sweet circuit matched with super flat epoxy surface,...

So you think it’s still possible to make this happen?

Nice kart and driving in that reel.

Well it’s fair to say I’m somewhat of an optimist by nature but I know that and have been holding myself back accordingly. But yes, I believe it will go ahead. Every single person that’s become involved is very enthusiastic about its potential.

Yesterday we finalised the track layout and ancillary areas with the PSD design team - 465 linear meters of track, 5m wide. Combination of fast flowing and tight technical with a bus stop section and a banked corner (I LOVE that bit!) 70m kid racer track that can be joined to the main track with ease, 5-10 minutes to change config. 3 timed sectors.

4 Likes