Kart4Good.com (and Karting Charities)

Hello,

I spoke with James at Kart Pulse and he asked me to create this topic to introduce Kart4Good and discussion of related Karting initiatives.

My name is Ken. I am a co-founder of Kart4Good.com and Velocity Racing. We are a new non-profit that supports a variety of initiatives but which focuses on getting underprivileged kids behind the wheel.

We recently completed our first community-sourced kart project, an offset asphalt oval built entirely from donated parts.

K4G will soon be sponsoring local Concourse Racing events that let kids drive a racing kart on neighborhood timed parking lot circuits (Autocross style). (Seeking donation of a sprint/road kart just for this)

We accept tax-deductible donations which we convert into materials and league sponsorships at concession and indoor tracks, again focusing on kids who could not afford these privileges. We also accept donations of league memberships from track owners which lets them write off the donation as a tax deduction. So its Win Win!

Please check out our website and see what we do and feel free to discuss ways in which we could advance this initiative to a larger audience. We are considering a model that allows people to start local chapters of K4G.

Check us out and please give us feedback. We have a new Facebook page coming soon as well.

Thanks all!

Ken

Kart4good,com

3 Likes