Karting as you age question

“I think we need to differentiate between “warriors” and “athletes” when discussing NASCAR.”

Exactly, just look at the “transformation” JPM went through when he left F1 and went on the NASCAR state fair corn dog diet…

Here’s a thought: if you are on somebody’s butt going into a turn, try to think about the turn slightly differently. Since you know you have to brake a bit earlier to not run into him, use that extra margin of error to, in advance of turn in, try for a more conservative entry but with a fast exit line. That or hope he brakes at the same spot as you, which I wouldn’t count on.

Change the line ever so slightly to hook up the exit since the entry needs to be slightly conservative. This gets complicated by trying to figure what his track out will be, but we can assume it’s basically gonna be on-line, unless he screws up, which would be nice.

That or just stay on his butt till he goofs.

Tell you what works for me, spend a lap or two behind the guy or gal n identify which corners I have to back off in to not run into his ass. Next lap I’ll lift BFORE going into those turns, aiming to be on his ass at exit carrying more speed. Boom job done. Might take a couple of tries bcos timing has to be spot on.

That’s a clearer way of saying what I was trying to express!:grinning: Give up something on entry to make a powerful exit(on his butt or passing). You want the accordion to compress not at the braking zone, but after.

1 Like

Exactly. It needs patience and perfect timing, but feels sooooo sweet when you pull it off