Karting Clubs/Teams near Montreal, Canada?

Hello all.

Due to a series of (positive!) life changes, I’m going to be moving from my current home in rural Ontario to Montreal, Quebec, where I will be living in an apartment.

Where I live now is essentially karting mecca for Canada since I’m within a half hour drive of Mosport and 45 minutes from Goodwood, and I have participated in arrive & drive leagues here that have been fantastically fun and enjoyable.

I’ve tried to find some resources for karting around Montreal, either an arrive & drive league or a team/tent programme that I can rent a kart & engine from for the season (I’ve done 4-stroke and some lapping days on DD2s, so I’m comfortable with a pretty wide range of stuff), but it’s proven somewhat difficult. The one good lead I had was SRA/Max Karting, but the track has just been shut down permanently :-/

I will not have the room to store or work on a kart let alone transport it, but have the money to have someone else do it for 6-8 races a season, depending on kart/engine combo.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! I don’t know how many of you live in La Belle Province, but the karting community is small enough that I figured it was worth a shot.

2 Likes

Here’s what I found on canadiankartingnews.com for dealers. Didn’t find anything for clubs

PSL MONTREAL
MIRABEL, QUEBEC
Telephone +1.514-641-5278
Website http://pslmontreal.com
Chassis Brands CRG, BirelART
Featured Products Arai Helmets, Maxter Engines, MIR, Rotax, Unipro, Vega

DMJ KARTING
MONTREAL, QUEBEC
Telephone +1.514-260-4014
Website http://www.dmjracing.com
Chassis Brands Lotus Karts, Wildkarts, DR Karts, TB Karts
Featured Products Briggs &Stratton, Bridgestone, Stilo, Tillett

1 Like

Do any of the tracks offer storage at all? I’m sure someone who’s not necessarily a fully-fledged team would have some space in a garage or trailer too.

1 Like

Thanks James. I had scoured the CKN site myself, and found those as well. PSL seems like the most promising (but definitely the most expensive). The DMJ site doesn’t work, but they do seem to have a small presence on Facebook.

As for the storage space, that’s a good idea. My main goal here is to trade money for convenience; since I can’t store or work on or transport a kart to a race, whatever can help me accomplish that is something I’m interested in!

I hear you same here. I store our kart at the track for that same reason. Plus they have staff there that are available to work on the kart as well.

My thought is reach out to the tracks and community and see who has some space and is willing to trade some CAD for time.

Come to think of it… there probably should be a Canadian Karting FB group.

There’s a FB group for canadian kart racers now…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195825234644175/

It may be different for you (Canada etc) but…

In my case there’s two different businesses, neither of which advertise effectively, that do what you are asking (tent program).
I only found out about them by going to the track, talking to the guy who runs the race series about getting started, telling him I wanted to neither transport, store or fix kart… with that he introduced me to two different operations that do that.
I would be really surprised if there isn’t some operation that can work with you.

1 Like

It might be that your best bet might be to stop by one of the races, and see who is under what tent.
Otherwise, if there are kart shops in your area, you might want to call and ask them who some of the big teams are, and that might help you get some leads that way.

1 Like

I only found out about them by going to the track, talking to the guy who runs the race series about getting started, telling him I wanted to neither transport, store or fix kart… with that he introduced me to two different operations that do that.

Interesting - I would have thought that these businesses/teams would advertise this fact. Thanks for the tip! I was planning on checking out the nearby tracks, but this gives me a good reason to checkout an early season race as well.

ask them who some of the big teams are, and that might help you get some leads that way.

Yeah, I was just a bit concerned that it is somewhat hard to figure out what those big teams are! Here in Ontario it’s very obvious which are the big teams (REM, PRO, etc.) even without attending a race – their online presence is pretty good.

It’s probably me just getting ahead of myself. I’m sure things will be just fine once I get settled in :slight_smile:

You’d be surprised how little some karting groups promote thier online presence, and then complain why no one shows up.

1 Like

You’ll be fine once you connect with a few people in the area :+1:

1 Like

You’d be surprised how little some karting groups promote thier online presence, and then complain why no one shows up.

It is very surprising at how little online presence a lot of karting clubs and tracks have. I’m not sure what the root cause of that is, but rectifying it sure would go a long way to helping get more people into seats and into the sport.

Largely either:
1 People don’t know/afraid to use the internet and relatively tools that come with it.
2.They hope that someone else will do it for them, and no one ever does.

1 Like

Hi im paul, i run REM quebec in montreal with kosmic karts OTK, i am the extension of REM.

1 Like

You can go on our website, Remquebec.com

1 Like