Karting Photography

Didn’t see a thread for those that photograph karting, so starting a thread to share photos and techniques.

These are all in the 1/60th to 1/250th of a second exposure time, panning with the driver to get them sharp.

3 Likes

Nice shots. What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks, all Sony full frame.

I agree, great pics. I would like to see more.

Maybe a section for pics and videos might be a good idea.

That would be good. Maybe we can sorta just continue this one…

@KartingIsLife what do you think?

It would be cool to have a “gallery” thread for shutterbugs and the like to share their efforts and chat about photography/video/multimedia.

4 Likes

A bit more variety.

4 Likes

Oh these are very nice. I like the top 2 best. The shifter kart looks badass and the head on race shot feels very racey.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback, it’s a useful thread for me to learn more about what kinds of shots people like and find interesting.

3 Likes

Verstappen shot! Is this recent?

1 Like

2013 World Championship at PFi

Best kart driver I’ve ever seen.

Not my best technical photo. More instinctive that something was going to kick off. I think this is the 2011 Euros. Verstappen int hemiddle, I forget the other drivers

This Max in testing for that event. He was at PFi with Jos the same day I tested the Sudam for Karting1.

Here’s some more form the 2013 World Champs. It was the43 last time I ever really took pics, my gear was a bit old and shabby.

I took this panamramic on my phone because I knew me and Dendy were watching one oft he best drivers on the planet and in true British fashion no one was there to see it.

5 Likes

Taking photos is one of my top hobbies. If I’m not driving something, I’m wanting to take photos instead. Here’s some from today at MCC. I post more photos from work and of karting on my instagram (zach_courter).

I can’t post them directly because the files sizes are too big and I don’t feel like resizing them. But here’s a link to my Google Photos page. One of these days I’ll make an actual photo page…

4 Likes

nice work mate. Good variation too.

2 Likes

I like it. Moody. Speedy.

I like this look, nicely done.

I run So Cal’s CalSpeed Open Practices weekly and can’t help to think a shutterbug could make some coin capturing images. Personally I’d be happy to pay for a quality photograph.

Great shot on this one! And Verstappen too!!

Bump for weekend races…

1 Like