Karting Schools in the Mid Atlantic Region

What changes did you make to shed 60 pounds? Good for you though.

A lot of changes. In my case I went a bit extreme and simultaneously reduced Caloric intake big time. I wanted to get to a weight where I could compete against the lighter kids.

That being said, plenty of folks will tel you that they lost 10-20 lbs just from engaging in karting. As you see, it’s really aerobic and also works some odd muscles you normally wouldn’t work out.

I stopped eating things that were fattening and focused on fish, veggies, etc. I can eat whatever I want now, but with a smaller stomach I don’t want to eat very much like I used to.

1 Like

This sounds similar to what Nick and I used to do with Jim Hall and his gang. It’s basically 1/1 coaching, which is a fabulous way to learn. I like the idea of the three or four day immersion, as that’s a significant about of seat time and progress. We used to do similar, starting with two days and then working our way up to 4 day trips.

This ain’t cheap but it was worth it to me. I can’t think of a better way to get started.

Now that you’ve had a bit to reflect on the experience,… was it worth it from a cost standpoint? Do you feel you extracted commensurate value from the experience given $ spent?

I haven’t been to the track yet. I think I cought COVID and won’t be able to attend the Friday race.

The best things I learned are how:

• The kart felt when I did a corner well
  • To link sections of the track together
  • The data corelates to what I experience on the track
  • To think about what I am experiencing in relation to going faster

Like most things involving learning I will now have a different set of issues to overcome.

The cost was worth it to me. No regrets.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it and thank you for sharing your experience! This may be helpful to others.

We wish you a speedy recovery.