Karting Schools in the Mid Atlantic Region

I’m an overweight 65 year old beginner with a new to me 2019 LO206 CompKart. I have raced one season of asphault oval karts where I always end up in last place. I would like to find a karting school to get me started and on the right path. Any suggestions on where to look?

There aren’t a whole ton of “schools” out there but there are lots of good online resources.

My YouTube has some beginner info videos: https://youtube.com/c/KorsasportKartingDevelopment

I think United Karting near Baltimore offers some sort of driver training program.

Yousef, is the track associated with a shop? Maybe he can ask there about coaching/classes. I got the impression that there was some sort of team/shop.

Yes, good idea. I’m not sure what the difference is between all these organizations, but they are affiliated with the track in some way: Competition Karting information – United Karting

I’ve not done any training or anything but everyone at the track is great.

1 Like

Thank you! 20 chars and emoji :sunglasses:

Short flight to Orlando but if you want a good school, try Italo at Urace. I have worked with him and he is top-notch. Here are the details on Urace’s driving school. Disclaimer- I helped build this website so I am kinda of biased.

There is also Alan Rudolph’s school in Houston which is very good and I believe there is a school at OVRP in Cuddebackville NY

Mid Atlantic? You need a sailing school :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I will check into these schools.

Dean,
When I first started out I wasn’t able to find any “schools” near me. Since I was doing this as an activity with my son we made a thing out of it and travelled to go to karting school ((Jim Hall in Oxnard, sadly now closed).

So, we started with their two day intro and then next time went for 3 days coaching and then another 4 day trip the next year.

It worked for us as a way to get staryed and then I eventually started to understand what the options in my neck of the woods were.

Anyways, the point is that there are programs around the country that you could look at or kinda go off menu and arrange something with a team/coach/school.

I scheduled 4 days at Urace in Orlando. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

That should be amazingly fun. I’ve heard good things about Urace.