Karting Sim Discussion

It wasn’t really driven by anything you did or said. I’d rather the sim megatopic broke into individual discussions so that it has a bit more utility for folks. There’s lots of great nuggets in there on PC setup, wheel choice etc etc

Let’s give this some thought.

Admittedly the sim racing thread goes in various directions, and occasionally digresses completely into , “hey Warren let’s race a bathtub enduro” type stuff.

I think however, separating karting from general sim won’t work. Just not enough of us sim kartists.

What do you guys want to see?

I see it as an area of potential growth that’s inline with our community.

Your lips to gods ears.

Now we should go work programming the Nascar game that will actually sell. :face_holding_back_tears:

Just a thought, but maybe we could have three main sim topics:

• Sim Hardware (for computers, video cards, wheels, pedals, rigs, etc.)
  • General Sim Discussion (iRacing, etc.)
  • Karting Sim Discussion
    oh, and a topic for Dom’s Ramblings about Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Speed :rofl:

I like to hide my ramblings in the KartKraft adventures. At least there it’s ostensibly about karting.

Or maybe we just start a thread called “Hey Warren…”.

This thread would be where I attempt to seduce you away from retirement with exotic motorsports. There will be risk to life involved, of course.

The thread could also serve sort of as your ledge atop the mountain. Aspirants could scale the digital cliffs to ask Sensei Chamberlain for guidance and wisdom.

I do agree that the sim thread bits that are useful to readers need to be curated differently.

To your point, rig and stuff, is evergreen and useful to folks looking to buy/upgrade.

Dom’s attempt to convince the world via KartKraft and questionable philosophy that a late middle age man can become Ryan Norberg is much less interesting and probably obfuscates all the good info.

That’s setting people up for a disappointing decent. :wink:

The risk to life is not from the speed; it comes if my wife finds out I’m tapping into our retirement funds for such things. :rofl:

Kart racing pro is my favorite , its difficult at the beginning but when you start to find the sweet spot from the set ups , its very very addictive and with a good steering wheel , it has that karting feeling that other games dont .

2 Likes

Did I mention the mountain is also home to the Chamberalin Terminal Velocity Institute and conveniently has a rocket sled gravity slide with which you can eject disappointed supplicants.

@Stamatis125 I really should give this a try. Several folks have said that, modded, it’s excellent.

My 8yr old and I mainly use Automobilista 2 and rFactor 2 (with added karts and tracks from KartSim - most useful if you’re in the UK or Europe). We find both platforms have better physics, plus we can jump into formula cars and race when the f1 season is on and he wants to try out the tracks and beat Verstappen to pole. I put together a TRX rig from Trak Racer, with Moza wheel, wheel base and pedals, which was the most adjustable combination allowing us both to use it comfortably at 4’7" and 6’3" respectively.

:skull: :skull: :skull:

Belated response but that’s impressive that the rig can accommodate you both. I can’t even get mine to fit me, alone.