Karting suit to match Tonykart colours?

Hi everyone,

This might be a long shot, but I am struggling to find information elsewhere.

I recently got my hands on a new Tonykart chassis. Previously I had a Kosmic, and I had a genuine OMP Kosmic suit to match. Since purchasing the Tonykart, I have been looking for a race suit with matching colours. Apart from buying an $800 OMP Tonykart suit, I can’t seem to find any Sparco or Alpinestars suits that might match the same colour of green.

Anyone got any suggestions?

You could go custom. It’s not crazy expensive. If I’m not mistaken, with DTG printing, they can do it pretty cheaply. You could recreate the Tony suit era you like.

1 Like

The Pakistani-made TonyKart suits on eBay that say OMP on them are indistinguishable from the real thing - I’m convinced it’s the same factory.

That’s a good point. Those guys make reproductions that would work for this user. What worries me is that they cost less than 100 usd

I’ve seen the Pakistani ebay replica suits in real life and they look awful. Fit is terrible, colors are off, and they likely will do nothing to protect you in an accident.

Never skimp on safety equipment.

3 Likes

To add to what TJ says, they use the pictures of the genuine suits in there ads and listings, but they don’t look like that in real life.

You can get a custom made homologated suit that matches whatever you want for around half the cost of the official suits.

1 Like

I have seen that suit online before, but I made a query at a store and unfortunately Alpinestars have stopped producing that model. Such a shame, because that is the best colour combination I have seen yet.

Search up ‘OMP KS-3 green kart suit’. Not identical green to Tonykart but it’s possibly the best I can hope for.

They’re very much hit or miss. My CRG one was bad enough that I use it as a shop overall. My TonyKart one, placed next to one that a dealer got in his OTK order, was indistinguishable and I really think it was made on the same line.

Please don’t just get a Tonykart suit, those things look terrible.

Just go white. Maybe green gloves or boots.