KartPulse KartKraft Throwdown Season 1

Not sure I agree totally. Yes you can have one piece throttle from entry all the way out… but… finding the route that allows you to not reduce throttle even slightly on exit is rare. I’ve had it happen a few times.

Most often there’s some throttle reduction to ensure a strong exit onto straight.

Only 7/100ths better. But the real victory lies in how much more consistent I have gotten. I think this will drop a bit further yet.

You’re losing so much in the final sector. I am 16.05 which is as fast as anyone there. Every where else we are pretty even. I am 20.84 mid and 19.11 sector 1

Bobby Game corner I noticed people attack too much on entry. It’s better to concenrate on early throttle and driving into the spoon hard. Let kart do the work and don’t fight too hard and overslow the kart at the apex. The left after needs minimal input. If the kart rotates too fast it drags speed.

Interesting. I definitely have more time on bridge. There’s a better, freer exit than what I’m doing.

That being said, I’m trying to drive hard into spoon and loop it up around in that one piece move. I don’t have footage of latest lap but here’s a failed attempt that looks like what I’m doing there. Scroll to 40s for ending.

What do you see re spoon?
Also, what’s Bobby Game corner?

Bobby Game corner is 90 right before spoon. Looks to me like too much steering lock and attacking to hard.

into the spoon you’re already destabilised the kart so the spoon becomes a rescue job. Also, so much lock. When the kart slows it’s going to turn to hard and ruin momentum. The bucket load of input you use is ok sector 1 and 2 somehow, but last sector it’s limiting you imo.

Hmm. Ok thanks. It doesn’t feel like a rescue job, but that’s what must be the problem.

Maybe tonight I’ll try braking a touch more into the last fast right. In the outlaps I am smooth as heck through there because my speed is a bit lower. This allows for a rounder entry.

I’ll revisit. It’s a lot smoother than it was! I’ll take a look at hands. Bummer is no video to see how you guys are 3/10 faster through there. Doesn’t look like WR is a good example. Know of any footage that’s fast?

Imma let you finish but

Such lawn :laughing:

1 Like

Always gotta be using all the track bro

I’m a fan of 3 off

:crazy_face::pirate_flag::crazy_face::pirate_flag::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car:

Looking good James, pull!

I can post CRG setup that I borrowed for pfi if you’d like

Oh, I don’t have my sim setup, set up :cry:.
That pic is you :joy:

Aha. Well what you are seeing is part of my new training philosophy: Aim for the corner but miss slightly. It builds character.

On a serious note, we all look the same in KK. I’m a white helmet squid IRL. In KK I want to look like TJ: fancy helmet, cool suit.

It would be neat if they built in a helmet/suit/kart paint and design customizer.

Maybe they could hire TJ and a couple other guys to do “digital” paints you could buy via micro transaction or earn somehow.

I would imagine that custom skins would be do-able in the final build, but I’m not as good at that stuff. Takes me an entire afternoon of uploading and testing to get my iRacing paints to line up…

Hmm. it Would be cool to be able to purchase Oktane or Troy Lee helmet etc.

Alan,
If you get the chance, can you video how you do the toilet bowl bit? I’m trying your momentum hold inside line. It works very nicely and is doable one piece all the way out, with a nice flat exit onto straight.

I just can’t tell if it’s faster since I use vr and have no access to splits. (Since I cant see your ghost, no idea if I am interpreting your instructions correctly).

I’m trying to set up a stream, so if you keep an eye on the Karting1 channel you’ll see some stuff on there soon.

1 Like

Aha well I will definitely watch. Lmk how to access if you set it up.

Search Karting1 on youtube. It’ll all go on there

1 Like

Incremental improvement but I am happy because overall I feel like I have the track pretty in hand. I think there’s a half second here for me longer term.

1 Like

Oh crap. Look at that S1 time of the dude I am up against. How the heck? 19.02s. That’s faster than #1 (legit) of 19.06.