KartPulse @ The CKNA Grand Nationals 2023

This layout is good for 206. I think the normal national layout is the best layout but for 206 you don’t really need to run all the way down to I-70, so this is good.

1 Like

I think I’d get lost :laughing:
Would still give it a go though.

It is definitely not my favorite layout, but it is the closest thing to a “driver’s” track or a “non-draft” track that you can get at NCMP. Because of that, I think its about as good as you can do for Grands.

I’m good with it, especially since I didn’t run near as many KRA races this season as I thought I would, and I have the most practice on this one.

Almost at 500 :open_mouth:

2 Likes

500! wish I could make it happen this year. Little rule update they dropped if you haven’t seen it.

TLDR. Can’t use Walboro stamped carbs and some extra cylinder head checks.

1 Like

Fun fact, you’re allowed to set anywhere as a location at registration. This isn’t exclusive to CKNA but I think it’s pretty fun.

I’m trying to get one of my friends to register from Pyongyang, NK

2 Likes

This is good news.

I have one that was very close to the limit size wise. We joked that I’d have to pour ice water on it to pass tech if it got warm enough.

Fuel curve was whacky but it was worth about 0.2HP

I have one or two as well but I got them a few years ago when I knew nothing. So they’ve just been sitting in a box

You have become moderator of r/Pyongyang

You have been removed as moderator of r/Pyongyang

This is how it usually goes there

I knew a guy who sneaked into NK

IMG_1842

I shall design a business card for you.

1 Like

Wait until I get some headshots from this weekend, but that actually sounds sick if you do it.

Also, wut

1 Like

Will do. I await the Jesus shots

1 Like

So as young man, I was working a temp job with another guy. We got to talking.

I actually got the countries confused… he went to Albania! (Not NK).

Albania used to be under the leadership of the despot Enver Xotha and had hermetically sealed itself off from the world.

Anyways, he snuck in. He had all sorts of cool Albanian government propaganda publications which were pretty hilarious but also quite sad.

For a very long time Albania was the poorest country in the developed world. Xotha is gone now. There was an episode of The Grand Tour where they are in modern Albania. There are a lot of luxury cars there. They are stolen in Germany (what they said) and brought over the border. Work to do still, but at least no lunatic in charge.

1 Like

Halfway through the first day of practice, and man have I completely forgotten how to drive. I’m so used to driving in a KA I’m missing my timing in a lot of corners, and getting a feel for the kart is a bit more of a process than it used to be. That’s what I get for taking 2 years out of the seat though.

Went 1:16.0 in session 1, 2.4 off the leaders. Dropped 2 seconds to a 1:14.0 in session 2, only off 1.4 or so now.

The good news is I’m driving worse than I did last time I ran Grands and I’m already up on my times from that year. If I can find another 6 or 7 tenths or so in my driving today I’ll be happy, and I think it’s doable. Ideally I pull a second out of my ass but that’s may be a bit optimistic.

These sessions are killing me though, 4 laps is so short I feel like the session ends before we even get going.

3 Likes

Not a huge fan of the sharp bends, like there are no long sweeping corners :frowning:

Completely forgot to get my picks in:

Legends: Todd Barron
Masters: Marc Stehle
Heavy: Eli Fox
Medium: Gary Lawson
Light: James Overbeck
Junior: Garrett Andexler (Malcuit is going to win but I picked soemone different than Nagisa)
Sportsman: AJ Stoner

From there on down I have no idea…

1 Like

In a 206 they feel plenty long, the track actually does flow pretty well. I’m mostly struggling with how short the braking zones are, and I’m still turning in too early I think

1 Like

CKNA is DOMINANT right now. Very well run, huge fields. With that said, I’m not going. . . My personal opinion from 2022 to 2023, I think the multi-days event (CKNA normal races, not nationals) made me not want to run them anymore.

Then there was tire rule change that pissed me off, where sponsored teams (or well off individuals) can run a new set of tires each day. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That’s not was 206 was designed to be . . . :100:

Still a great series, not taking that away from them. But I’m not going out of protest!

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this, CKNA has always been 2 days with practice on Friday.

The series is going to 1 set of race tires for a weekend last year, although I’ve seen plenty of drivers win or do just as well on used tires vs new.