Davin talks with long time racer and entrepreneur, TJ Koyen who is owner of Oktane Visual.
TJ’s drink of choice was a Bell’s Winter White Ale, while Davin had (another) Spire Apple Cider Ale.
We talk about why TJ loves to talk about karting so much, the importance of community in the sport, and his experience as a business owner making custom helmets and gear for racers. #makekartingfunagain
This was the best one yet, I really liked the bit about the kart that was perfect for rain.
I have a couple of episode ideas:
- Finding kart parent child balance(don’t be a kart life dad), new and old child drivers/families
- Why road racing is awesome for drivers of all ages, with drivers of all ages.
- Crash stories, did we learn anything.
- “Live” Show at a CES Race.
- 206 motor life cycle: 206 Kid Kart, 206 Sportsman, Blueprinted Animal Jr
- Watching yours and others videos as a learning tool, this was a must for the young driver.
These are some good suggestions! Have any suggestions for guests to fit the slots?
BTW - The upcoming episode will be with Greg Wright, and talk a good amount about road racing.
Excellent, I was hoping you guys would talk to Greg, ask him about his crazy twin powered road kart.
We’ve moved the KartPulse podcast hosting from soundcloud to spreaker and in the process did a little work on the audio. Nothing fancy, but noticed the audio levels were not consistent (Guest loud, host quiet or opposite) I made some corrections (Audio compression) to them.
Of course it’s available in your podcast player of choice too! Despite being recorded a couple of years ago, most of the discussions are pretty evergreen and still relevant.