Lambda Sensor for Lo206

Im going to go ahead and say that its probably not allowed since Ive never seen one before on an Lo206…

that and the fact you would have to modify the exhaust pipe…

But does anyone know for sure if its possible to use a Lambda(air/fuel) sensor on an lo206

1 Like

I don’t see why running a sensor would be banned. You’re not running EFI where your air-fuel mixture is trimmed in a feedback loop. If anything, you’re adding a slight exhaust restriction. If they do happen to be banned, you could also use it as a tool for testing during practices to better understand your carb setup relative to environmental conditions.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Benefits and application of EGT and Lambda Sensora

Yes, it is. I just don’t fell like linking to it.

1 Like

Al is speaking more to two strokes regarding EGT where it has more efficacy.

For a 206, I know folks have used AFR sensors on the dyno, and/or testing.

But for racing it would require an illegal modification to the 206 exhaust.

Recording air density vs carb settings (especially float) might be worthwhile.

Circling back on this… thoughts on where to position the wideband sensor on a 206 exhaust?
I have a wideband and Speedunio standalone that I bought for a car project doing nothing here, considering adding it to the spark arrestor at the end of the pipe.

Please start a separate topic to discuss EGT vs O2/Lambda. I already cleared this one up once.

With a heated wideband sensor, location doesn’t really matter so long as it is in the exhaust stream (without being overheated).