Larson, Power, Newgarden at USPKS

https://www.facebook.com/KartChaserOfficial/photos/a.190984126145789/391821589395374/

🥇#309 Pauly Massimino // Ryan Perry Motorsport 47.407
🥈#308 Hannah Greenemeier // Rolison Performance Group +0.046
🥉#316 Hayden Jones// Rolison Performance Group +0.051

Pro Drivers
1️⃣7️⃣ Will Power // MPG Motorsports +0.540
1️⃣8️⃣ Kyle Larson // Speed Concepts Racing +0.540
2️⃣5️⃣ Josef Newgarden // MPG Motorsports +0.768

3 Likes

WP had been running KA when he runs at GoPro. I think this is his first competitive race in X30 at GoPro in a few years at least

Will hopefully have the episode done and up tomorrow!

7 Likes

Race highlights

4 Likes

Excellent video. Well-done Xander. Kudos on the great work.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that. The narrative format of presenting the race is terrific.

1 Like

@XanderClements
11/10. This is what karting needs. I watched the whole thing without any breaks and it was amazing.

2 Likes

I’m just going to jump in with some of my thoughts since I was tuning for a driver under the WPK tent at USPKS.

Will was very nice but a bit reserved. I managed to have some good conversations with him by the end of the weekend after he got more comfortable in the environment, and he’s very entertaining to talk to. He clearly is incredibly competitive about everything he does in racing and took the USPKS event like he was running full time in karts still.

Josef was super friendly from the start and he was open to conversations from the start. He’s also, obviously, very competitive, but he also recognized that he hasn’t been in a kart in a very long time and tried to have fun with the weekend before leaving on Sunday. I’m guessing he’ll be getting into a kart more consistently now so he can start getting up front in the kart events as well.

Scott McLaughlin stopped by on Saturday, he was set up to run but decided at the last minute to sit this one out. Once he was at the track I think he wished he had entered anyways but he liked watching the races and everything that was going on.

All the IndyCar guys were super nice though, and I had one kid that came up and asked if he could get photos with the drivers but he was clearly a bit intimidated so I went up and asked for him. They didn’t mind at all and I think really appropriate being around the karting scene with everyone at the track.

I will say, they head out pretty early after the raceday is over, they take this just as seriously as their IndyCar races so both of them went to bed (relatively) early to make sure they were rested and ready for the next day.

1 Like

Peak content.

3 Likes

I’d want to ask for an autograph but I’d rather have a genuine conversation with them. There’s so much I want to learn from these guys. Idk if I could do both.
It’s really cool to see them just at a race and talking to other drivers like normal karting drivers. I can’t see an f1 driver doing something like that. Than again they’d probably get swamped by fans so makes sense why they don’t for the most part

That’s pretty much what I did. I didn’t care about the signatures or photos, just hanging out with them like I would anyone else at the track.

I think the biggest problem for F1 drivers running karts competitively is the same as IndyCar, I’m sure their contract prohibits things like running in kart races during the season, and when their season runs from March to November, it doesn’t leave a lot of time to run karts. If I had to guess Ricciardo, Norris, Vettel, Perez would race if they could still, I know Perez ran SuperNats back in like 2016 and Ricciardo came to hang out in 2017. The restrictions for them are insane. I would guess they would probably have the same experience as the IndyCar drivers, most people are too intimidated to approach them normally, so they get a bit of space at the track.

1 Like