Let's Build the Ultimate Kart Setup Sheet

1 Like

@KartingIsLife How do you like the set up guide?

1 Like

I didn’t have as much opportunity to really use it as I had hoped. But I did find it pretty logical, useful and easy to use.

@DavinRS did you get to try yours?

Yeah, I used my pretty often. It’s why I made it. :wink: lol

He’s talking about Paul’s book :wink:

Same comment. I used it. That’s why I bought it. :wink:
I gave Paul some feedback on some layout changes, but it did it’s basic job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bringing this topic back up, because I’m going to spend this weekend developing a new setup of sheets for driver feedback and setup changes, that’s more simplified, and I wanted to see if anyone has something on hand.

What I normally found is that typically my kart has the same baseline setup from race to race, at least to start. So it was wasting paper writing down the same setup changes, that hadn’t varied too much. I wanted to come up with a format that made it easier for me to track driver feedback, especially.

I also want to create a section for tracking notes about equipment I bought, or things that I will need to buy before the next time I come to the track.

1 Like

Hey Davin, any further development on the updated sheets? I agree that the baseline likely won’t change as often and setup changes could be noted in the daily/race notes and then create a new baseline afterward.

For given sessions I’d want to record data to help that specific race’s setup, so things like what was my EGT, max RPM, cold/hot pressures (if you can get hot, not likely if you go thru the scales), so that I can best tune my setup for that given day and hopefully be able to go back at later races to get a guide as to where to start next time.

Good ideas here

I made some simple changes for myself, but I wanted to see if any of the other KP users would contribute some efforts themselves.