LO206 to IAME X-30

So I might be making the jump from LO206 to X-30. My knowledge base on 2 stroke is pretty non-existent, I’m assuming I’ll need an engine mount and possibly and exhaust hanger. Not sure what is included vs. excluded when you buy the engine.

My chassis is a 2 stroke chassis, with an LO206 on it now. I still plan to run both if possible which I think it is?

I’m going on Sunday to pick up a NOS IAME X-30.

1 Like

Don’t forget radiator and water pump too!

2 Likes

And ibuprofen. :checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

1 Like

X30 will have an outside rear sprocket which is likely different than what your running on the 206.
While anything is possible I wouldn’t plan on swapping from one to the other at the track to try and run 2 classes.

Setup coming complete with wiring harness? Pipe?

2 Likes

Drug it home today. I was on the fence on going 2 stroke, but the price was very fair IMHO. Seller even threw in a motor mount to go with it. He was reverse commute, going from 2 stroke to LO206.

NOS Blue Printed IAME X-30 from Ocala Grad Prix before they shuttered their doors earlier this year. RIP OGP!

Jeez, a freaking 2 stroke. I know nothing about these things, might as well speak to me in Russian. :rofl:

1 Like

You may know nothing about them right now, but I assure you, you’re about to have a whole lot of fun!

1 Like

Thanks bro, its a bit intimidating.

No big deal, just going from 8 HP to THIRTY :smiley:

2 Likes

If you havent already found it. Here is the assembly manual for the X30

2 Likes

All that was included.

1 Like

You’ll be fine. Look ahead, and be intelligent in how you use the throttle. You’ll get used to it, as long as you keep the fundamental.

1 Like

Debating whether to purchase a TB Kart S586 to mate this thing too, and just run two karts. I have a soft spot for TB, it was my first kart, and the only one I know that donates to veteran charities.

“Thank you for your service” is cute, but TB Kart puts their money where their mouth is . . . they are the only chassis manufacturer that does this that I am aware of. Being a combat veteran, that’s important.

1 Like

I’d just run one kart, on alternating weekends, as long as I could get away with it.

Congratulations! It’s a nice engine. Felix Rovelli from IAME recommends Elf HTX oil. It only looks expensive, a bottle lasts three race days or so. I use 93 octane premium e10 gas, Extron Pro rear sprockets, and DID chains. I’ll let you know how long the O-ring chain lasts, but a plain chain lets you spin the axle for a little while.

Whats the deal with caster oils in 2 stroke? What are the con’s vs. benefits? Was reading the rule book (I think in SSKC) and they recently added that to their rulebook and I was wondering why. . .

Generally castor is preferred in Air-cooled applications (Higher localized temps), but is used in watercooled as well. A lot of it is personal (or builder) preference really.

Once you stick to whatever IAME recommends you’ll be fine.

1 Like