Looking for a default chassis setup for Gold Kart/Righetti/Mac Mineralli - GTR30

(Dom) #1

Gold Kart/Righetti/Mac Mineralli - GTR30
The Chassis is a Mac Mineralli GTR30 but it is using the same chassis as the gold kart and is produced by Righetti.

i would like to know the default settings for each adjustable component

**I have only adjusted the seat to suit my height, im looking for default settings for the major adjustable settings (camber/caster/wheel spacing etc…) **

(Dom Callan) #2

Hi Dom, from another Dom. Welcome and let’s see if someone here can help find you a baseline setup. I forgot to ask on Reddit, but what part of the world are you in? This may be relevant as to brand/setup.

(Rick Brown ) #3

What engine/tires? I run a Mac and LOVE it!

(Dom) #4

Hehe thanks Dom :slight_smile:
I’m living in Dublin Ireland

(Dom) #5

Hey Rick :slight_smile: Im running a rotax max 125cc engine (TAG) and the tyres for my class are Mojo D5’s

(Dom Callan) #6

@KartingIsLife Any idea where to go for the baseline?

(James McMahon) #7

Friend of mine had an MM in KZ recently. Not sure if its the same model though…
He’s going to see if he can find his notes.

(Ricky Worley) #8

We’ve been runnning the Gold Kart GTR30 for the last 4 years here is the US, though i have not run the rotax or MOJO tire. My base setup is neutral on the caster/camber, front hub at 10mm spacer out, rear slammed all the way in on the axle. Our experience is these kart do not like to have a real wide track in the rear, but prefer a narrower setup, granted your conditions will be different. If you get rain, it’s super easy to slam the caster all the way forward and get max caster.

(Rick Brown ) #9

1st replace one of the 10mm front spacers with two fives. I’m usually about 15 mm out on the front hubs. I also run the rear pretty narrow. If I run the medium length hubs I run them all the way in as well. I run 1 click of caster, 1-2 mm camber, and 2mm toe out. Medium rear axle, Middle rear ride height, and 1 additional seat strut per side.

(Dom) #10

I’ve noticed that about the rear track also, i set it wide first and i was sliding the back end all the time, i set it wider thinking it would fix the problem and it just made it worse :smiley: so now i know to make it narrow and it’s not just me having the problem. Do you think adding a torsion bar to the rear would make this issue go away on a dry track ?