March 2024 Forum Stats

Also added the podcast stats which I checked for fun. That surprised me!

Stats from the forum software (Discourse)

494,000 hits (Up from 419,000 in February… maybe we can hit the 6m mark this year?)

Daily active users (A measurement of community health and “stickiness”) hit a peak of 44% Up 2%) with average of 36% (Down 2%). (Insert blurb about anything above 30% DAU/MAU is considered absolute unicorn status for internet forums.)

Stats from Google Analytics and Google Search…

1.44mil impressions in Google Search (Smidge down from 1.48 in Feb)
62,000 visits (Up from 51K in Feb)
Of the 62K visits, 36K were “new” visitors (Up from 29K)
2m 56s average time for each visit to the site. (A little up from 2m 49s)

Podcast Stats
I wont do a monthly update, just sharing what I found today when I had a looksie.

It’s still seeing 232 podcast episode downloads per month (Surprised me!)
11,000 downloads since we moved it to Spreaker. I can’t remember when we moved it, or what we moved from, but I think we had about 6000 downloads at that point. So total of 17,000 downloads since… 2016?

[update] Looks like the previous host for the podcast was Soundcloud, logged in there and it’s showing 17,000 downloads as I type. Since this is serving\hosting the files as well… that puts total podcast episode downloads at 28,000.

Let me know what other kind of geeky stats are of interest to you. As always thanks for your contributions that continue to help the karting’s presence on the internet, helping people get involved and stick around in the sport

What are impressions?
I see this in YouTube stats as well

Basically the number of times a link to the forums appeared in a Google search result. Could be a good opportunity for an advertiser that’s looking for 1m impressions a month :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Then the clicks is the number of times one of those results was clicked (of course)

Not sure what the Bing and DuckDuckGo rankings are.

2 Likes

What is being downloaded?

Podcast episodes. Last one was in 2017 though. Not sure how it works on Android exactly but here’s Apple and Spreaker. It’s the same show…

Looks like the previous host for the podcast was Soundcloud, logged in there and it’s showing 17,000 downloads as I type. Since this is serving\hosting the files as well… that puts total downloads at 28,000.