Minimum Engine warm up temperature AirCooled 100cc

Just seeing at what temp you guys recommend warming up your 100cc engine to before taking your kart out. I’ve been bringing mine to 110-120F

It probably doesn’t matter much with an air cooled engine. I just run it for a few minutes on the stand mostly just to make sure it fires up without any issues before heading to the grid. I don’t run a head temp sensor so I’m not sure what temp that brings it up to, but you could send it out cold and not have any issues.

2 Likes

About 30 min before grid I warm it up until the whole head is warm to touch. The wait before grid will let the rest of the engine equalize.

2 Likes

Never warmed up an engine (apart from maybe start one quick to see if it fires up) in my life iirc and I’ve raced 100cc in the middle of winter diving into a corner at 20,000rpm from lap 2 onwards haha

I like my ears to not ring and my lungs to stay as clear as possible. I don’t mind the sweet smell of Shell M when I am on the track or watching, but outside of that, not worth it imo

1 Like

Don’t really need to warm up an aircooled engine. I start it and get the head warm to the touch like Zach, just to make sure everything is tight and ready to go.

1 Like

As with everyone, I start it on the stand just before going to the grid to make sure it starts, It then starts on the grid easier. I will warm it up until the head is warm to the touch, and then just test to make sure I have the needles on the carb set properly.