Modena KK1 Road Race Setup

Jordon, some road racing operational questions rather than sale/purchase if that’s okay. You mention that the engine is prepped for road racing - what does that actually entail? Also, what are your typical carb jetting settings for road racing; main jet, needle, position, emulsifier, pilot, idle (I’m assuming you’re using a stock Dellorto 30 mm). And any key carb lessons for road racing? And what fuel and oil are you using, plus the mix ratio?

Hi Tom, for a road racing setup we raise the port height on the cylinder and machine down the head to maintain the proper squish. I run a 270 emulsion tube which usually leaves me around a 150-160 main jet with a k28 needle. I usually use VP C12 or Sunoco 110 with Elf GTX 976+ at 6.5ish oz/gal, roughly 1L of oil dumped in a 5gal pale. We usually see speeds in the 110-120mph range with these motors.

1 Like

Thank you Jordan. That is much appreciated. On sprockets, are you running 20T engine and 21T rear?

Really track dependent. 17/19, 19/21, 18/22. Here’s a chart I have for the Modena engines to determine speed at each ratio:

1 Like

That’s brilliant. Big thank you.

1 Like