Monitor(s)? For Simracing: how you rolling?

simucube sc2 sport , had the pro and ultimate and there overkill lol was happier with the sport which is still insanly good have had dd1 , simmagic and vrs and there all good specially the VRS but simucube has been my go to

1 Like

Is the sport the one that was 8-10nm and priced (and sized) much better?

our team mostly runs lmp 2 so wanted a wheel that best suited what we drive , works good for gt cars aswell but the button layout is all specific for me and where I wanted them

no sport is 17nm but i normally run it around 10 to 15

I noticed on the web the handmade wheels. There are lots of really nice ones out there. Seen some pretty neat hombrew ones, too. Someday! Next upgrade for me is a better headset.

Triple 1080p/144hz screens. Affordable and not to complicated to rum

What’s the rough cost if you had to guess?

This x3. I used those back in France

1 Like

Single 35” ultrawide - 1080, >144hz refresh rate

It has some drawbacks esp at tracks like COTA where many of the hairpins it’s difficult to see the apex at turn-in, but the ultra wide offers better field of view than a traditional single.

Some will also not like the 1080 resolution on that large of a screen but for gaming it doesn’t bother me.

I think I paid like $350 for this monitor and it performs well, matches well with my hardware (2060) and fit my needs. I’d do it again in the situation I was in with regards to budget and hardware. My next upgrade is likely going to be trying a single 49” In 2k and see if my hardware will run it.

I think space is going to be a concern for me, which now has me leaning towards a single ultrawide.

Another consideration is I’d like to keep with my current GPU (GTX 1070), given the current prices out there. It’s not ideal, but I’m hoping I can scrape by for a while.

Is a 2K ultrawide going to be more or less hard on the GPU vs. a 3x 1080p setup?

I was originally running triple 1080p 27 inch monitors on a 1660 ti before I went to triple 1440p and a 3070 ,it was doable on iracing with alot of the pretty stuff turned on but ACC and other games were not good due to low fps and stuttering issues

ACC,RFACTOR2 AND AMS2 ARE MORE GPU BOUND THEN CPU ,were as iracing is more CPU bound and ram

1 Like

Your 1070 is fine for screens and even vr. That’s what I had until last week. I was able to enjoy iracing in vr so you can definitely drive iracing on a screen. You can play at decent settings. I have a 34 and it’s just fine for gaming on screen.

1 Like

Well gang, I just pulled the trigger on the CSL DD +boost, and the McLaren GT3 wheel. Will piece together the rest of the rig in the coming weeks. Here we go!!!

4 Likes

Yay! I think you will like it.

I just pulled the trigger on these x3 for my rig. I’m pretty GPU limited right now with a 1660Super so I’ll have to turn down a bunch of graphics settings on iRacing until the GPU market settles a bit and new cards aren’t going for $3000+ but really looking forward to the immersion of racing with triples

1 Like

Woot! That should be a nice setup. I just got a 3060ti and that seems like it would drive triples really well now. It’s good enough for high settings in vr for me.

iRacing is not nearly as GPU intensive as what I expected. I’m able to run pretty high detail on a 49" ultrawide with relative ease on my GTX 1070.

Also, to no suprise of @Bimodal_Rocket I’ve been using a PS4 controller in iRacing until my sig rig shows up :joy:

1 Like

Xbox controller and pedals are pretty wicked combo. I did that while base was being repaired once.

What are you racing in iracing? Have you settled on a series?