Multi (Dual and more) Engine Karts

We have a “Open” class here in Aus that is basically for doing crazy stuff with Karts.
I was at a event recently where a racer had Twin KA100’s.
It was awesome, sounded great and kept up very easily with both a KZ 2 and a Twin reed valve. I’ll see if I can get a picture next time I see it.

There is now talk here of boring a KA100 over size to make it a 125 air cooled engine, and running that as a twin.
If only none of this cost money…

1 Like

I’ve seen interesting combos over there like a watercooled FA on one side and a KZ on the other. Can’t say I understand the logic of boring out a KA when there’s sudams, 100’s and so on to play with. But maybe it’s just easier to get a KA?

Electric start is a plus… lol

1 Like

Dual B-Bomb (135cc Rotary)

Pic shot by Michael Bales (AKA Retro Grouch).

20161230_114551

Dual X-30s from Daytona last December.
Not sure where they race this kart if anywhere?

1 Like

Welcome @joebrittin and good call.
I think that’s @Mynameismcgyver’s build. Not sure if he’s gotten to drive it much.

I don’t think he blew up that one!

Mike at Dallas Karting Complex’s twin KF

1 Like

Does anyone still have an authentic made for racing multi engined-gokart that they wish to sell? I refer to twin or triple engined. Preferably McCulloch engined.

03f14d96-a0f8-4b39-aaf8-eec7c0161014

Alex Tagliani in his twin engine shifter kart that he used to train for racing CART cars in the early 2000s

2 Likes

Thanks Jim. Let me clarify. I am trying to discover “Old School” Karts such as the twin Mac 100 Bug Scorpion kart that I owned back circa 1965. The new modern versions are not what I want. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

My take on a twin. One day it will be finished.

1 Like