Nassau Aero War

Agree. This is a money grab. Nothing more. Zero value upgrade, & I imagine these will become the only option available to the consumer. $200 or go home. Wonder if I should snap up an extra set of my current stuff before it gets pulled from the market?

You can still buy new Buru and older bodywork. I donā€™t think you have to worry about $200 fairings being the only thing available for a long long while.

Whatā€™s it supposed to do? Reduce drag of the driver? It does look cool

True, at the moment, but will it continue? Donā€™t know. Just being a little cynical, I suppose. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Of the aero body work. This is my favorite. Itā€™s a dynamica and hotdog had a baby. I love all things aero. But on that.

With the entrance being much larger than the exit it looks likely to create drag. This winter I do want to do some flow testing just to see if at least from a design aspect it is sound.

We all know that nobody is seeing speed from bodywork. But as a giant aero nerd. My curiosity is peaked

1 Like

I assume the idea is to accelerate the air over the helmet. I would assume your creating a high pressure area to deflect incoming air.

We need Hambini.

Yea the idea for these new panels is to deflect air around the driver. The biggest piece of drag on the kart is the driver. So if we can reduce this we gain straight line speed.

Now my point is why it isnā€™t noticed in most. Is purely that most drivers duck on the straights. This would essentially negate any gain of a modern bodywork

Also, while the new fairings are expensive. At least manufacturers are not making them optional upgrades and including them on new chassis.

My otk came with m7, my ital came with dynamica, my kids otk came with m8. So I have the most modern body work at no expense to myself.

Oh, you paid for it for sureā€¦

1 Like

By purchasing a new kart sure. But not because I sought it out

I think Iā€™m just going to build a nice big round Lexan barn door to hide behind on all of the straightaways, in front of my feet, my helmet, everythingā€¦

2 Likes

I need some kind of reverse aero, that lightens the kart by about 10kg :joy:

3 Likes

The best aero help a panel can produce based on what I researched is to add simple vortex generators to it to help create vortices to push some air around the driver, reducing overall drag for road racing speeds greater than about 90 MPH. That slot does nothing useful from what I can tell, and any of this is pretty much useless for sprint karting.

Looks good though thatā€™s enough to make me want one :joy:

My front end is the new KG 507 wide driver panel. Its suppose to be for the bigger (fatter) people who need the front end to devert more air around a bigger racer. I mated it to the KG 506 front nose w/ foot deflector. Like I think Iā€™ve said before, Iā€™m 5ā€™11 at 220 lbs.

Like I said previously, I didnā€™t notice much of a difference, it just looks kewl.

All areo came from Comet Karting.

IMG_0899

Nice. The sloped piece looks kinda like carbon fibre.

:joy: :joy: :upside_down_face:

Looks cool but odd. Kinda futuristic.

Those karts all look shocked at how fast theyā€™re going. :joy:

3 Likes

Not a fan, & the benefit is probably academic for sprint racing.

Can we just go back to full bodies, LOL

2 Likes