Neck brace with straps or not?

I have an Evs R4 neck brace and I have been thinking what is the benefit of wearing it with straps. So is it better with the straps or not?

The benefit of wearing it with straps is to keep the device squarely in place where it is meant to, rather than moving around or twisting during a lap. Worth noting that the EVS is also designed primarily as a protector of your collarbones, not really for your neck…

1 Like

Oh, actually didn’t know it is desinged for the collarbone protection

1 Like

Yeah, I have found that. And because of such haven’t been wearing it at events its not required. Took a gnarly hit with it on and still had an insanely sore neck the days after. Leatt doesn’t produce their brace anymore. So I either need to run one of their motorcross braces or find a used karting one if I want actual neck support.

I got this for my son. It’s similar to the Leatt.

http://www.tsracing.com/Valhalla-360-Neck-Brace-Adult-P5607.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiAgqDxBRBTEiwA59eEN8_SoXHm2XkJ9f_-fpJJBCGVZWFLyd9xFntvdX1XBn7f_XBohK9HdxoCFpUQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Ill look into it. I get a massive discount on leatt which is the only reason I wanted to use them.

I always wear my neckbrace, just to give my wife a piece of mind when I race. :wink:

1 Like