Need help with mach1 chassis and Rotax Evo engine

Hi gents,

I’m getting into the spot now and need advice. I’m looking at purchasing a mach1 chassis with Rotax Evo engine. I’m based in Australia. Just wanted to know if they are any good and where to source parts for Mach1. Are parts on chassis all universal besides the brakes? Thanks heaps for help in advance

Where are you located?

Australia nsw

What age bracket are you in? Junior (<16), Senior (16+) or Masters (30+)

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your mechanical ability, or willingness to wrench on things?

Talk a little about your racing experience so far. Social hire kart racing

What’s the main thing you need help with to get you started. Choosing the right kart

1 Like

Mach1 are a known brand, albeit a smaller one, but have proven to be competitive. However, if you are just getting into the sport, finding a locally supported brand is really the way to go. Maybe someone here knows the Mach1 shops in Australia.

It will be easier in the long run to think about your kart purchase in the opposite way; instead of buying a kart and then trying to source parts for it, figure out what brands are supported and what parts are available locally, and look for that kart.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice mate. I’ve decided to purchase the mach1. The parts are available in Melbourne and ship overnight. The guy is selling the kart to me for 5k has Rotax Evo engine and 2018 chassis but the kart has genuinely done 10hrs on the track as practice. You think that’s a good price?

Without knowing local market that’s 3800 USD. Seems reasonable. A 125 tag used here about the same. Condition and state of engine are the wildcards I guess.

Overnight shipping is great but I’d rather have parts at track for when I bend an axle. Do not want to have day end earlier than necessary.