Neos Cadet - basic set up

Does anyone have a complete dry basic set up for a otk neos kart?

I assume you mean Eos kart, in which case here is the factory baseline and basically where I have always run:
1 big spacer front width
Blade torsion bar horizontal
Half positive caster
1-2mm toe out
Seat mounted per factory chart
1 chrome seat stay per side
N axle
1385-1390mm rear track width
Medium hubs
Neutral front and rear ride height

1 Like

Hi TJ,

I could be wrong, but I think the NEOS was a OTK model of cadet chassis a few years ago?

3 Likes

Yes! The cadet neos kart, I couldn’t find any basic set up for the neos cadet kart

1 Like

Ignore my post then, I forgot about the Neos.

Maybe @KartwerksDan has some input?

1 Like

I used a marker to write this setup on the Nassau panel back when I raced a TonyKart. It seems everyone ran something really similar most of the time.

2 Likes

here is the link to Tony Kart Australia base line set up for the current cadet kart, not sure how much different the current kart is but might give you a starting point.

2 Likes

Unfortunately in the Neos era we were pretty solidly still in the Energy camp so my frame of reference is thin.

I do have one local driver still on one though and we got it relatively quick at the club level. Ended up putting some rake in it and it did change the platform to be a bit more responsive. I believe we raised the back and dropped the front one spacer from stock. We also narrowed everything front and rear from where we started.

If I’m remembering right we ended up with half caster (zero pills on bottom, arrow forward on top), close to zero camber (MOJO D2 tire - fairly square profile), 1mm toe per side, 15-20mm spacers inside of what I think was the stock hub, front ride height dropped one position. Rear we had the stock axle in (OTK O probably) with the hubs flush on the end of the axle, ride height high.

We did have one 5 pound weight between the driver’s feet on the steering yoke.

Seat was flush to the bottom of the rails and measurement from kingpin centerline to top leading edge of the center of the seat was about 94mm on the left, 96 on the right.

Biggest issue I remember was getting the kart to not want to over rotate at center corner. Half caster helped get the rotation early but then narrowing up the front kept the front from over driving the rear at center corner.

3 Likes