New Member Welcome! April 26 - May 02, 2021

Big welcome to our new members this week: April 26th - May 2nd!

@Jdblatt17
@kyleb1988
@steve_mitchell
@Browney
@DriftedColt4179
@Dyl
@TillotsonRacing
@Steven_Crete1
@Bent_Axle_Racing
@SkylerWilliams
@LBR93
@taiardtor
@Littlefart
@Andreu_Marzal
@CoopRett
@nixqik
@Echolake650
@Kevbaldwin
@jdkart3
@Pepe_44
@Aidan1
@Robella
@jack_gao
@Scene
@Btweaver13
@Chad_Hartzell
@HPRT
@Petr_Vojta
@Mark_Brittan
@Hudson.buck
@Hank_Gonzalez
@Jeremy_Koth
@Redbarchetta
@Vincent_Lin
@Tsupplee
@Jmblvre
@Compu-kart
@Wirenut
@Troy_Smith
@jfeniello

Thank you so much for joining the Kartpulse community.
Introduce yourself below! Tell us a little about how you’re involved with karting.

My name is Patrick and my 6 year old daughter has just started kid karting. We actually still haven’t ran it on the track yet, waiting for an open practice. I’m a retired Marine and know literally nothing about karting lol. I did grow up around race tracks though. My father was the the liaison for l MCI when they were the official sponsor of Indy car in the late 80s early 90s, so I spent pretty much every weekend at a track somewhere. I’m really hoping that someone will help us out at the track because we don’t know any of the formalities or pretty much how anything actually works and is setup. We’ve been to a few races at the track, but it’s different when you’re just a spectator over actually being involved. Either way glad to be here and thank you for the welcome.

3 Likes

Welcome, Patrick and daughter. The first couple times to the track are gonna be a bit of a blur. The track goes hot at 9 or 10 and then they start rotating classes all day. Typical practice day could be 4-10 practice sessions, depending upon how much fun the kid is having and wether they can still stand up. It might not be a bad idea to get friendly with the race director and let him know that it’s your first time. Does he know of anyone whose brain you should pick, etc?

1 Like

Yea my plan was to just look really super confused and attract some help lol

1 Like

Yup. That works too. Folks are generally pretty helpful.

Excited for you and your daughter. Be sure to post up a few pics of your first foray :grin:

Welcome to the group :call_me_hand:t3:

We would have made it this weekend but was raining all weekend and don’t want her first track experience to be in the rain.

Welcome! Most if not all people will be willing to help out and lend a hand in my experience. As Dom said talking to the race director to see who can help is always a good idea.
My second time in a kart was a very rainy day. Tire supplier forgot to bring wet tires, so one set of wets was being passed around the team. Even that was a great experience for me even though I didnt break even running speeds.
best of luck, and if you have any questions you could make a thread here. tons of support on this forum