New Member Welcome! January 19 - January 25, 2021

Big welcome to our new members this week: January 19th - January 25th!

@Pepe_Contreras
@Giannis
@Jamesduggan
@Stephen_Halberg
@Yuchen_Yang
@Rafa
@Kosmic.Shaun
@ANDY
@304_garage
@mariakelly

Thank you so much for joining the Kartpulse community.
Introduce yourself below! Tell us a little about how you’re involved with karting.

Happy to find such a great Kart Community and forum! I have just got a L206 Kart and will be racing first season this year. Looking forward to learn !

1 Like

Welcome! Where are you from and where will you be driving/racing?

Hi Dom,

I am in Western Canada / Okanagan and will be racing out of Kartplex / Area 27 in Oliver, BC. Really nice track/people there.

Cheers

Rafa

3 Likes

My Name is Shaun, I’m 31 from Scotland. New to karting myself but my Dad raced for years when I was young.

I had my very first Praga Kart in 2016, my dad couldn’t get it set and told me it was a piece of sh!# so I got rid of it and concentrated on my business. Last year I bought my first “real” kart to me.

I have an ‘18 401s Kosmic Kart with the Rotax Max Evo engine. I had my first good run at it last year attending 3 out of 4 meetings at local track and 1 at a new track to me. I won my first race heat in the rain with my best result as 4th. I was automatically entered into a challenge that’s between the two tracks again finishing 4th overall, but, had I not lost 5 places on the last lap of a heat at the other track I would have resulted in a 3rd in the challenge. My final result as from 1st to last meeting of 2020.

1. 7th 2. 6th 3. 5th 4. 4th. It’s taking quite a lot of us to suss out both chassis, kart and tyre set up. Confident for this year though!

The engine hadn’t been rebuilt in 4 years (March 17) so I have had this rebuilt with the newer evo piston and reeds. Guy told me it was very noticeable “used”. I have stripped the entire kart, awaiting to get the frame on a jig. Currently replacing all bearings, stripped and cleaned carbs, replacing any bolts, bushes, protectors etc etc and rebuilding for the 2021 full season. I plan on entering both the clubs opens and only the Scottish MSA this year.

I also have restored an old ‘84 Wright Chassis and sourced a rare Sirio Zenith 100cc engine to sit on her with all new shiny parts too :wink: just about finished this project and cannot wait to get her to the track in summer!

3 Likes

Welcome Shaun. Where in Scotland are you from? I’ve been to the track at Golspie, good times had there with the Scots!

1 Like

Post some pics if you can. We have some members that are into doing restorations and would be interested.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m from Buckie, my Local track is at Banff, Boyndie. The new track I tried out that I mentioned before was Golspie, came in 5th first time there. Great day and track!

1 Like

I will be sure to get them all up! Waiting until the puzzle is finished though! I’m looking for a Wright seat, either fully covered with the stitching on it or fibreglass with Wright on there. I have the old style black seats but think it would look much better with a proper Wright seat in there. Just waiting for my engine to have the all clear, it’s been sat for around a year, the last owner rebuilt and done about half hour run-in so wanted to check seals etc are all ok.

You could make a post looking for that seat and that would get it up top for a day or so. You might get lucky on a lead (probably not since we don’t really have a classifieds yet). But, you never call tell.

1 Like

Thanks I will do just that!