New Member Welcome! July 22 - July 27, 2019

Big welcome to our new members this week: July 22nd - July 27th!

@RowdyGrunt
@solodare
@Bobby
@nashguy207
@Scottfree
@TLRoberts55
@danrud
@701race

Thank you so much for joining the Kartpulse community.

Introduce yourself below! Tell us a little about how you’re involved with karting.

Hello everyone. Thanks for the welcome.
My local track is GoPro Motorplex in Morrisville NC. I live just south of that in Charlotte. After talking with a family member about indoor tracks in the area, I did some googling and seen that GoPro was right up the road. So I gave it a try.
It only took one 10 minute session on a rental kart and I was sold. Heard about the LO206 class and “down the rabbit hole we go”. Just talked to the local Compkart guy here and should have a kart on track in a week or two.
I honestly don’t know what to expect but my goal is to just have fun, get better and hopefully find myself in the middle of some good racing.
My experience so far with this forum has been great and I’m excited about the support and hospitality that I have seen so far.
Thanks for having me, I hope I can contribute to what you have here.

1 Like

Welcome. 20 characters.

Welcome! [quote=“solodare, post:2, topic:4281”]
Thanks for having me, I hope I can contribute to what you have here.
[/quote]

Tell your friends is a great way to help. Also, asking questions… because those questions provide answers for others.

Thank you for the welcome! I have joined the local rental track league. Got myself a helmet and gloves. Looking at getting some sort of action camera to be able to film my laps and hopefully use it to get better lap times. Been watching videos of faster drivers on the local track to find faster lines. Pretty excited to try it all out.

2 Likes

Welcome Bobby, where abouts are you located?
Good luck out there. Hope to hear how it goes for you.

1 Like

Located in sunny Queensland, Australia. First actual race event is 22nd of September. I will be doing a practice session the week prior, some driver training the day before and then the big day. The championship is all bu over for this year, but, thought I’d try it out before next year to see if it’s something I’d want to continue.

2 Likes