New Member Welcome! March 17 - March 22, 2020

Big welcome to our new members this week: March 17th - March 22nd!

@jward828
@Burkee
@WRATH
@faulki09
@slowpoke
@Dedrums2
@shepner
@hdrider1957

Thank you so much for joining the Kartpulse community.
Introduce yourself below! Tell us a little about how you’re involved with karting.

1 Like

What’s up guys my name is Hal and I am about to jump into the karting world. I live in Lynchburg, Virginia and I am planning on running LO206 at gopro motorplex. I have always been a huge racing fan of world endurance, indy, nascar and F1 so I wanted to finally get my toes wet for myself.

I made a friend at VIR who won the atlantic F2000 series a few years back and is currently racing F3 in Europe; he took me go kart racing one day and it was the most fun I have ever had in my life. He told me that I really need to try racing. So here I am!

1 Like

Welcome to the fun. Gopro is a sweet facility so you are starting well.

1 Like

Do you have any recommendations for me getting started? I’ve been reading these forums for a while and can tell you are one of the most experienced people here! Thanks for any help!

Ha far from it! I am a relative new guy too. Ive been karting for real about 5 years, 2 of which racing. So, lots to learn.

How are you starting? Are you going to do practice days or is there a league you can jump into?

1 Like

I was going to do some practice at the kart track at Virginia International Raceway which is an awesome track and some practice at GoPro. GoPro also has their monthly club where I was planning to do some local racing.

Id say go join the monthly races once you feel capable of getting around the track without being too stressed about driving around others. Racing is the best part of all this, but chasing laptimes is pretty fulfilling too.
Its nice you are starting in LO206. The lower power karts teach you how to use what little you are given efficiently. These karts are about momentum and keeping your revs/speed up as high as possible. Drive smoothly, without making jerky inputs. Quiet tires are happy tires. :grinning:

There’s a bunch of driving resources on the web these days. Some of the car stuff, like https://driver61.com/ are good regardless of car/kart.

The forums are good for answering questions about pretty much anything karting related as someone here probably knows the answer.

1 Like

Thanks Dom! I appreciate the input!

1 Like

You are welcome. Happy apexing!

1 Like