New oil tech rules

(Bryan Williams ) #1

Anyone see this yet? What are the thoughts on why you might want to do this. Will it lead to fuel cheating now?

SKUSA

TECH UPDATE: At the request of national competitors and engine builders, effective immediately, SuperKarts! USA will allow a slight modification to the spec oil rule for all IAME X30 and SSE powered classes in SKUSA competition.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Beginning at the SKUSA Winter Nationals, SKUSA will begin allowing the optional use of 50% castor oil to the spec fuel mixture. To be clear, this means 4oz of castor oil + 4oz of Motul 2t + 1 gallon of VP12 gasoline.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Normal fuel tests will still be conducted, and governed accordingly. The following is a list of some known Castor Oils that can be utilized:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• Burris Castor Oil (902-1)
  • Maxima 927 Castor
  • Klotz BeNol – BC175
  • Blendzall BC460 Pure Castor
  • Nature’s Oil Castor Oil

(Chris Kutscher) #2

Our club allows the use of either full synthetic or a mix of castor and synthetic in the same ratios. Doesn’t seem to have ever caused any issues unless people mix it wrong and throw off the fuel meter.

I think it’s a nice compromise for those that would still prefer to run castor and not full synthetic.

How do you think people would use it to cheat?

(Bryan Williams ) #3

I guess I was just thinking it would cause different fuel readings among different oil combinations. Allowing someone to sneak in some sort of fuel additive unnoticed.

(Chris Kutscher) #4

I’m not an expert in how the fuel meter works, but I don’t think it leaves enough wiggle room for that to happen, but I guess people determined to cheat will always find a way.

It’s interesting them giving so many options. Our club only has one synthetic and one syn/castor option.