Old jm kart brakes

Uploading: jm 1.jpg… hi all
been a sec since i have been on here. some of you might know but my grandfather was in love with karting. he started back in the 60’s. got out of it and then got back into it in the late 90’s. it was a bonding thing for him and i. he pasted away last year and left me a old jm racing kart. i was trying to get it up and running but he passed away befor i could. it is sitting in my garage and want to honor him but racing it one last time. witch brings me to my problum.

the brake system on it was all froze up. so i have got a replacement master cylinder and caliper for it and instaled them. i am still not getting anything out of it. i am getting fluid from the mater to the caliper but not action. the only thing i did not replace is the line. if anyone has a good idea to help me that would be great. thank you fro reading this.

[quote=“d-i-y80, post:2, topic:5032, full:true”]
The most likely problem would seem to be that you have air in the system due to ineffective ’ bleeding’.
Procedure on this type of system.
Disconnect operating rod from master cylinder to ensure m/cyl piston is returning fully.
Remove filler plug from m/cyl. and fit either a ‘pukka’ bleeding tower or some improvised rig to allow you to run brake fluid into the m /cyl.
Top up tower or rig with fluid.
Remove one bleed screw from caliper and run fluid through the system till it is air bubble free.
Replace that bleed screw and repeat for other side of caliper.
Remove tower from m/cyl and replace filler plug.
In your pics. you show an installation which may lead to difficult /incomplete bleeding.
The caliper is mounted with the bleed screws at’ 9 .O. clock’. They should be at ‘12.0.clock’ for bleeding.
There seems to be a number of vertical loops in the hoses which may trap air.
I would suggest that for 'bleeding ’ purposes you detach the caliper, lay out the hoses level and turn the caliper so the bleed screws are uppermost.
Once bled you can replace the caliper as you like.

It may well be easier and better for the paintwork to remove the whole system and bleed it off the kart.