PFI closing complex - KartKraft

I’ve seen the ghost of the 54 and it’s like the kart is running an extra 5hp. No one knows what’s going on. There’s no skipping it just has more top speed. The 55.6 is the real wr

The actual cut through to start the lap is barely worth .05 to start the lap also. My 55.8 was done on a normal lap. There’s a bit of time to be found on set up. Each kart has its own quirks too.

I tried it today. It’s kph not mph so it’s not as big a deal as I thought. It’s helpful and I suspect they’ll put a flower pot or something blocking path there.

I’m off to Geelong now. There’s only a certain amount of laps of PFi I can deal with haha. 30.9 after my first few goes. Like anything it’s always those last couple tenths which are tough to find.

Have fun. I’m gonna keep chugging until 55.x. I might join ya after as I haven’t made any effort for Geel.

needs a radically different set up for geel btw.

Thanks. The setup (sodi) im using is Tanguy’s. Stiff as hell and understeery. Great for pfi but I think geel needs a free-er turning kart.

Try this

strong text

That’s my own set up and I think good for a wr if I had the time. You can reduce brakes if you want.

I’ll give that a crack. Is that a Pfi or geel setup? Thanks! Are you able to lock up rears with initial stomp on pedal? Let’s say you wanted to lock brakes, can you?

Yes, very easily. It’s PFi set up, absolutely terrible around Geel

Ok thanks. What brand and model of pedals do you use? Regardless of settings all I can get is 75% brake pressure.

Geel PB: 30.859 Opt: 30.7xx
#5 in world #1 in UK

I also noticed that the first flyer always seems to have the best grip. lap 2 then 3 it goes. I hadn’t noticed this before but I think it’s the same at PFi. This may be why I haven’t been able to close the .2 to the wr because I keep pumping in laps and the tyres aren’t there.

What do you mean by brakes only going to 75%?

1 Like

Re Grip in out laps: yes I have seen this as well. I think it’s more FFB than grip. It feels like the ffb falls off a bit after a couple laps and that makes it feel less “tight”.

As far as I know the tires are constant but maybe it’s not.

By brakes 75% I mean just that. I have kart setup brakes at 100 and preferences in the 90s. Despite this my wheels don’t lock under firm pressure.

I set up a buttkicker and in the control panel for brake effects you can have the tires chirp when you reach a specific brake pressure. Highest I can go is approx 75% before I can’t get a chirp. Doesn’t matter how hard I hit it. Saw another guy on discord saying same thing.
That’s why I am curious which brand of pedals you are using since your brakes will lock.

AC, F1, Pcars all behave normally. Braking will lock up.

I attempted to play KartKraft over the weekend using an Xbox One gamerpad. I only had time to get in 3 or 4 laps but, erm, yeah, challenging. Seems like it needs some setup to make it work.

What’s amazing is that there is probably some kid running 56s with a gamepad. Since it has a 180 degree steering rack, it’s pretty sensitive. It does take some getting used to but once you are there, the physics and the experience are very very close.

FYI nice setup. It’s looser than Tanguys. It’s nice at PFI. It’s easier to rotate and I’ve taken it on full time. Bit easier to flow.

I tried it at AMP as well and it was fun but a bit too positive there.

Will be a bit sensitive on a gamepad that’s for sure. Mouse and keyboard, if possible, would be OK.

Cheers, that was the intent really. My optimum is still better on Tangay’s setup, but I feel this has more potential.

I am taking a break though waiting for KZ because I am sinking too much time into this haha

1 Like

I might take a break or switch tracks. Whilst I finally feel like I can hustle the closing section, I can’t seem to get bridge perfect now. Starting to get frustrating. I fix something and something else breaks. Frustrating because I have him in the 180 switchbacks.

I need to stop caring and get out of my own way. Usually, I can sort of “blank out” and let my inner driver go run the laps. Oddly, he refuses to show up. I have to do it all and it’s pretty unfair! Lazy Stig.

I would say it was under sensitive, needs tuning. The default deadzone is 20% so nothing happens then suddenly all the lock.

With a wheel, all deadzones are set to zero, at least in my case. It feels right that way.