Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

Thanks for the warm welcome!, We ran NOLA with two teams, Ours was 5 drivers and the other was 4. Think we could run on full gas for a little more than an hour before we needed fuel if I remember correctly! It was such a crazy event. Pretty equal amount of splits for the team we all did our fair share each got anywhere from 3-4 hours. We had a closer who ran a long way for us to the end.

My stints were evening and middle of the night I would probably got around 3 and half hours on track.

Truly an incredible event.

Ah. So 9 folks is 2.6hrs each but it sounds like you had a couple guys who ran longer stints.

There is also an annual 24hr at Daytona that Chris McCoys series does, Endurance Karting.

Welcome again!

1 Like

Our teams were separate entries entirely! like a sister team. They took second overall!

Ah ok that makes sense. But still I could see someone doing a big group if not wanting to race to exhaustion.

Definitely. There was a guy im stumbling on the name now but he’s ran it both times by himself!
Set a record in NOLA

(Think his name was Marko very nice guy)
Yup I found it https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/karting-greatest-distance-in-24-hrs-outdoors-(individual)#:~:text=The%20greatest%20distance%20travelled%20karting,USA%2C%20on%201%20February%202020.

Awesome! I keep hoping to pull off a 6hr solo but haven’t done more than 3 continuous hours yet. 24 hrs is nuts.

We have a contributor named Trey Shannon who is a professional fitness guy who set the original world record, I believe.

2 Likes

125 Shifter at Summit Point Shenandoah

3 Likes

3 Likes

You don’t see low angle kart shots every day. Stunning.

Orlando Cup Round 2. 206 Heavy. Qualified 4th and got my first podium coming in 3rd after a 15 year hiatus. Not bad for an old man at 57.

6 Likes

57 years young! Im a 1966 model too…high miles, but regular oil changes. Lol

Interesting on the endurance folks. Thats a lot of miles and hours on a busy circuit.

I did a coast to coast event…Iron butt…years ago. 2400 miles in 48 hours on a BMW 1150GS. Nothing like driving a race kart on a closed course. Thats beast mode!

3 Likes

6 Likes

You guys that run LO 206’s at Orlando should come up to Jacksonville and race with us. We run Senior Heavy and a Master’s class.

1 Like

@Michael Browning Yeah, I’ve been wanting to get to Jax, Bushnell and Anderson. I work a lot so it’s been really hard to get out as often as I’d like. OKC is convenient because I live here in Orlando. Jax is over 3 hours away which means It’s a very early start to get up there, race…pack up and make the trip back so that would be a once in a blue moon occurrence if I ever ran there. But, I do want to try different circuits around the area.

What does the cover on top of the carb do? looks like the exhaust would burn it.

That was a secondary rain cover. I didn’t get it zip tied well enough in my rush to make it to the grid and it was flipping up from air flow…

One good thing about Jacksonville is that it doesn’t cost anything to come practice at the track. The track is owned by the city so it is free to practice but just need to make sure that a clube race isn’t scheduled if you decide to practice on a Saturday.

1 Like

Wellp, AI doesn’t know karters very well:

Image Kart racer Ryan Norberg in the style of Balenciaga in Orlando:

That kart looks dangerously unstable. One of the fronts is also a rear tire. Also, this kind of looks like Rik Astley.

1 Like

Welldone sir! Welcome back to the pits.

Lane, was that Iron Butt 2 stages? Co-driver? One bike? Sounds interesting.