Post a cool Pic of you in your Kart

What a beautiful shot of drifting optimal slip angles (to finish the turn) on the back end! :+1:

More pics this year

2 Likes

From Kartmasters 2014

3 Likes

Welcome! Still karting? Cool shot.

1 Like

Thanks! Sadly not at that level haha, had to stop at the end of 2014 due to finances. I have been racing in the British Universities Karting Championship since 2019 though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you raced nationally/Europe as a younger guy? Sounds like my pal Tanguy who also had to quit due to finances. Are you still in Uni? The uni league sounds like a very cool idea. To the best of my knowledge, there’s nothing like that in the states but we do have a university engineering/driving competition. It involves building and racing the vehicle.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much! I actually graduated from uni last year, but thanks to a technicality in the rules I’m still allowed to race in it. It’s a really cool championship. It runs from September through to May, all the rounds are live streamed on YouTube and it’s actually really competitive! Grids are really large too. Fortunately, we have the karts provided for us, but having to build them first sounds like it adds a whole other side to it which is really cool!

If you were interested in watching any of the BUKC it’s all over YouTube, the season actually just finished! I’ll also attach a link to my YouTube if you fancied watching some onboards from it :slight_smile:

Sam Pooley Karting - YouTube

Cool! Thanks. I’m somewhat familiar with BUKC from our pal @jd896 travelling to the UK to do a race with you guys. If I’m not mistaken that was also the series that super gt Steve did?

Ah nice! Yep Steve did it when he was at uni, then carried on in Club 100 for a while before moving into MSA racing. I actually raced with Steve last weekend at the last round of the BUKC!

1 Like

Looks like an endurance race, almost. Big fields, lots of passes.

Outta curiousity, what’s the financial commitment like for that series?

1 Like

Yeah there’s a mixture of endurances and “sprints”. Sprints are still 25 minutes long so a lot of people class them as “sprintduros”.

Finances are actually quite reasonable, since it has to cater for broke students :joy: entry usually costs around £120, which gets you around 50 minutes of track time. Obviously hotels, food etc up the price a bit but all in it’s around £200 per round on average

1 Like

Hello community.

Let me share my picture with you all :slight_smile:

BR

6 Likes

They’re actually more of a time attack thing, at least if it’s what I think Doms talking about.

1 Like

Oh wow! That looks very cool! Looks fast too

Yeah, that’s the ticket! Those little formula jobs.

So 200 euros all in seems very reasonable indeed. I bet there are more racers wanting spots than available @GP_00ley26

Hi Pedro,
Nice shot. From where do you hail and where do you race?

Yeah it’s not bad at all! To say it’s oversubscribed is an understatement… luckily, we’ve always managed to qualify without issue

Ah so if not fast enough, no race? Brutal! I love it.

1 Like

Yep exactly! There’s an entire round at the start of the year purely to sort out who qualifies and who doesn’t. Always high pressure!

1 Like

I gotta ask… how’s the parity? My experience in rental racing has been 5s difference in fleet karts. Generally. Never encountered a facility that has em all running within 1s.

1 Like