Post-Race Drama following the Norberg Invitational?

The license program failed because series got cold feet after people complained about the $150 annual license fee.

There is no license program because the racers didn’t want to spend $150 and series didn’t want to lose racers. Several big series also wanted more control over the licensing program and were worried it wouldn’t serve their individual needs enough.

Basically everyone got selfish when the chips got pushed in and it sunk the idea.

I believe there will be some kind of licensing system in the future for many series but it will be different and specific and run by each series individually.

3 Likes

Sound about right. Me, me, me and not good of the sport. :man_shrugging:t2:

Other than the weight controversy, this event was everything that they set the stage for - the big dogs, the underdogs, the big moves, personalities, some carnage. It’s a big production that everyone is talking about - almost like it’s made for TV…

Do you want the big events to be like regular points racing or do you want a spectacle? There is room in the calendar for SuperNats, IAME Grand Nationals and a race like this. We already have dozens and dozens of national races all year long for the regular racing.

5 Likes

The problem/challenge is that the best spectacles tend to be the worst examples of sportspersonship. It can be a bad look for karting.

But it gets the views and creates some hype. Hero/villan is the classic storyline and to be fair it’s not something we’ve had until KC started developing it.

4 Likes

So was the dialogue aftewards.

1 Like

I like spectacle and badass aggressive karting but I also don’t want it to be Bowman Gray style. People watch that and think everyone in circle track racing is a psychopathic hillbilly.

4 Likes

Maybe they could employ a “rubber stickum dart gun” approach as presented here. :grin:

1 Like

“I saw a hitchhiker wearing camouflage…”

:sunglasses: